Chaperone's Needed for High School Students on Fun, Sometimes International, Adventures!
Create your own schedule and get paid to go on cool, fun adventures!
- Pasadena, California
- $150.00 / day
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Aug 14, 2017)
Pathways in Education is a non-profit dedicated to serving At-risk youth. Our schools and programs are supportive environments where all stakeholders are successful. Under the direction of the Program Facilitator, The ELE acts as a leader/guide/advisor for students on College Tours, Community Service Tours and Washington DC tours. Tours begin in February and run through June.
The ELE position is a good fit for individuals interested in working in education or non-profit sector, college students working on their teaching credentials, a substitute teacher, and or previous camp counseling or resident advisor experience. Pay rate $150/day. THIS IS A TEMP ON CALL POSITION
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:*
- Act as leader for assigned group of students.
- Assist Program Facilitator in implementing overall learning experience.
- Effectively participate in activities throughout the program.
- Be a role model for the students.
- Oversee student accommodations.
- Perform other functions and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Desire to work with at-risk youth
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, exercising reasonable judgment, in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to synergize with students and staff to manage and monitor the growth of the program.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate problem-solving skills, while maintaining courtesy, professionalism, and a customer service attitude.
- Professional, mature and experienced working with a wide range of populations (experience with both youth and adult clients)
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to travel in a charter bus to camp and college locations.
- Overnights required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Substitute Credential
- Experience at an organized camp preferred, but not required.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be willing to complete a medical exam after hire.
Pay rate $150/day. THIS IS A TEMP ON CALL POSITION
*The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They describe the general nature and level of work being performed and/or represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. The Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
How to Apply
Please apply online.