Camp Counselor in beautiful Mendocino County!
Nestled on over 240 acres in Philo, California, Blackbird Farm offers students the chance to learn a
- Philo, Ca, California
- $275.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 13, 2018)
Camp Counselor/ Resident Advisor9 Dot HR Solutions - Mendocino, CA
Nestled on over 240 acres in Philo, California, Blackbird Farm offers students the chance to learn about and experience sustainable living. Across an 11 day stay, students feed and harvest sustainable organic crops (picking much of what they will eat for their meals right from the garden), tend to farm animals, and learn all about healthy eating. With an overall focus on sustainable living, Blackbird Farm participants are encouraged to create raised-bed gardens to maintain back at their school site and homes, and become ambassadors for healthy eating.
We are currently looking for staff who have experience working with youth to help us run camps. Ideal candidates will be outgoing, energetic, and passionate for impacting youth in positive and powerful ways. The Farm Camp Counselor supports small groups of students for our 10 Day Blackbird Farm Leadership Program. The Camp Counselors will be assisting and participating with our students in various activities, overseeing bunks, and assisting with other duties/activities to support the program goals. This position is a six month contract with the option to extend.
- Sleep in Student Housing to assure safety and camp guidelines are being met
- Conduct meetings with students and chaperones daily
- Support Students in Experiential Learning Activities and create a safe environment for them
- Facilitate Small Group Discussion and Debrief with students
- Set emotional tone for activities
- Motivate students throughout the camp process
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required!
- 1 to 2 years experience working with At-Risk Youth
- Prior Camp RA or Teaching experience is preferred
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $275.00 /week +Room and Board
- Camp Counseling: 1 year
- Resident Advising: 1 year
- Bachelor's preferred