Exciting Opportunity: Full Time CDL Bus Operator Position in Aspen to Glenwood Springs, Colorado!
Roaring Fork River Valley is the Best Place to live in Colorado! We are your Backyard Adventure!
- year round
- Aspen, Colorado and Glenwood Springs, Colorado
- $30.00 - $38.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Jan 02, 2024)
Why choose RFTA?
We offer an unbeatable compensation package that includes competitive pay, generous bonuses, and comprehensive benefits. Plus, we provide paid CDL training to kickstart your journey with us.
Here's what makes being a Year-Round Transit Operator at RFTA truly exceptional:
Earn a wage starting at $30.00 per hour (annual salary of $62,400), with regular overtime opportunities. Receive up to $3,175 in bonuses during your first 6 months!
- Secure your health and well-being with FREE employee health, dental, life, and vision insurance. Access a range of Health Insurance plans, including a free plan for employees and highly discounted options for families.
- Prepare for a secure future with RFTA's retirement plan, as we contribute 12.5% of your income to a retirement savings account on your behalf (after 6 months of employment).
- Experience the thrill of the slopes with a Ski Pass for Aspen/Snowmass (unlimited pass, blackout dates may apply), or opt for a $425 cash bonus.
- Enjoy generous paid time off, including 22 vacation days and 12 sick leave days accrued per year.
- Travel with ease using the RFTA Bus Pass, available for employees and dependents.
- Employee housing opportunities up to three years.
- Six weeks free housing rental.
As a Transit Operator at RFTA, you will:
- Operate transit buses in revenue and non-revenue service while strictly adhering to RFTA policies, directives, and all federal and Colorado traffic laws.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of streets, bus routes, stops, fare structure, and bus pass programs within RFTA's service area.
- Represent RFTA professionally, working effectively in a diverse environment, exercising sound judgment, and delivering high-quality service to external and internal customers.
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections of transit buses, ensuring mechanical soundness and safety compliance.
Education While a high school diploma is preferred, it is not required. Fluency in spoken, written, and reading English is necessary.
Licenses, Examinations, and Certifications
- Must possess and maintain a Class B Colorado State Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with a P2 endorsement. *RFTA offers paid training to obtain your CDL.
- Pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination and obtain a DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate for a minimum of a 2-year qualifying period. Maintain current DOT Medical Examiner's Certification.
- We offer training courses to help you obtain your CDL Class B for the state of Colorado.
- Possess at least three (3) years of licensed driving experience (non-commercial).
- Previous experience operating large vehicles is preferred but not mandatory.
- No more than two (2) minor traffic violations within the past three (3) years.
- No major violations within the past five (5) years.
- Must be at least nineteen (19) years of age. Must have three (3) years of licensed driving experience.
Job Classification, Location & Schedule:
This Year-Round position is based in Aspen, Colorado. As an incumbent, you must be flexible to complete any assigned shift, including day, night, and weekend rotations starting in Glenwood Springs or Aspen.
Less than three (3) months of on-the-job training is normally required to perform the job effectively. Must successfully complete the Bus Operator Training Program offered by RFTA, which includes achieving the required minimum scores on all written and driving tests and evaluations.
All types of transit vehicles (25 - 40-foot buses, 65-foot articulated buses, cut away vans), wheelchair lifts, brake retarders, HVAC and electronic fare boxes are utilized.
Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to be part of the Roaring Fork Valley Transportation Authority! Apply today to start an exciting career in transit operations in Aspen, Colorado.
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our site via the link below. We look forward to having you join our RFTA Team!