Summer CDL Bus Drivers needed in Aspen Colorado for Summer Season $20.65 + Bonus + Paid CDL Training
The beauty of Aspen and Roaring Fork Valley
- Aspen , Colorado
- $20.65 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Hiring Drivers to start in April and May 2021 for our Beautiful Summer Season. Full time year round positions to follow: Are you looking for a Career in the Roaring Fork Valley? RFTA offers a great career, amazing benefits, and includes paid CDL Training. Come Drive for us! Start as a Summer Seasonal Driver with an excellent opportunity for a promotion to a Year Round employee. Seasonal Employees receive:
Full Time Seasonal Position through September 30, 2021, with an excellent opportunity for YEAR ROUND.
- Free Health Insurance;
- Paid CDL Training;
- $20.65 an hour;
- $1,000.00 Seasonal Bonus (Must commit through September);
- $500.00 bonus for Applicants with valid CDL with Passenger and airbrake endorsements;
- Housing opportunities; &
- Excellent Opportunity to promotion to Year Round Driver at end of Summer.
- Operates transit bus in revenue and non-revenue service while in strict compliance with RFTA policies, directives, and procedures and all Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations.
- Maintains working knowledge of streets, current bus routes, and stops within RFTA's service area as well as RFTA's current fare structure and bus pass programs.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of RFTA, working effectively in a diverse work environment, using prudent judgment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner, and assuring the professional quality of services to all external and internal customers.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adherence to all RFTA operating policies, directives, and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of and is in strict compliance with Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations as well as Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Performs RFTA pre & post trip inspection of transit bus for mechanical problems prior to the beginning scheduled run. This includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the transit bus and pre-testing all necessary equipment, operating/safety devices, and transit bus control for use while in service.
Education: High school diploma preferred, but not required. Must speak, read, and write English. Combination of education and experience providing the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability to perform the job.
Licenses, Examinations, and Certifications: Must possess and maintain a Class B Colorado State Commercial Driver's License with a P2 endorsement. Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination by obtaining a DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate for a minimum of a 2-year qualifying period and then maintain current DOT Medical Examiner's Certification thereafter. Must pass Fitness for Duty Test.
Experience: Must have three (3) years of licensed driving experience (non-commercial). Any combination of experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job is required. Some experience operating large vehicles is preferred but not required. No more than two (2) minor traffic violations within the past three (3) years. No major violations within the past five (5) years.
JOB CLASSIFICATION, JOB LOCATION & WORK SCHEDULE:
This is a seasonal position. Incumbents must be able to complete any shift assigned to them, day, night, weekends, starting in Aspen or Glenwood Springs.
SALARY: Starting wage at $20.65/hour, OT opportunities at $30.98/hour. Bonuses are paid only to employees that complete the Summer, which is working through September 30, 2021. $1,000 end of season bonus and additional $500.00 bonus for Applicants with valid CDL with Passenger and airbrake endorsements (total Bonuses up to $1,500). Includes a no-cost Health Insurance Plan for employee only, or Opt-out bonus paid bi-weekly.
If you have questions, please contact Jeff Aldrich, Hiring Manager, at (970) 384-4882; or Lawrence at (970) 384-4854.
EEO/AAP/Drug Free Employer
How to Apply
Complete an RFTA EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION online via the link below or email us with questions.