Work and Play in Aspen, Colorado!
Skiing and Mountain Town Living!
- Glenwood Springs and Aspen, Colorado
- $19.07 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Nov 01, 2017)
Come work and play in Aspen, CO this winter! We are now hiring Winter Seasonal Bus Operators.
- 4 Mountain Ski Pass or $350 Bonus
- Potential for End of Season bonus
- Free Healthcare supplemental package
- Housing Opportunities
- Free Bus Pass and Dependent Pass
- Paid CDL Training, if needed
- Possible opportunity for promotion to full-time at end of winter season
- Must be able to work out of the RFTA Aspen or Glenwood Springs bus facilities day or night and weekends
- Entry wages start at $19.07/hour plus OT opportunities. There will be an automatic pay increase in January, 2018 to $19.47/hour
This position involves all duties and responsibilities associated with transit vehicle operation. Duties include carrying out those functions pertaining to the safe, courteous, and efficient operation of assigned transit vehicles on routine and/or special service routes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, employing defensive driving techniques, maintaining professional courtesy while under stress, making public address announcements, properly answering questions and solving transit-related concerns of passengers, and exercising prudent judgment under a variety of constantly changing operating conditions. This is a safety sensitive position subject to the rules and regulations of the RFTA Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Must be at twenty-one (21) years of age. Must have five (5) years of licensed driving experience. Any combination of experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job is required. Some experience operating large vehicles is preferred but not required. No more than two (2) minor violations within the past three (3) years. No major violations within the past five (5) years.
How to Apply
Full job descriptions can be found on our website. For more information please contact Jeff Aldrich. Application can be found here: https://www.rfta.com/employment/apply-for-a-rfta-job/