Oxbow Bend, Snake River

Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming

USA Work Visas

Are you a non-U.S. citizen interested in working in the United States? is a job board that helps employers advertise their available positions. We do not assist with the hiring, employee placements, or working visas.

In order to work for the employers listed on CoolWorks, you will need to have the appropriate work visa. Many of the international workers who work temporarily in the U.S. are international students with a Designated Sponsoring Agency and are participating in the Work and Travel Program with a J-1 Visa.

The three most common J-1 Visa program categories for international workers who qualify for the Work and Travel Program with Employers listed on CoolWorks are:

  • Summer Work & Travel Program – allows students to work in the U.S. for four months in guest service positions.
  • Camp Counselor Program – Allows students to work at a summer camp as a camp counselor.
  • J-1 Trainee Program – allows students and professionals to train with a U.S.-based host organization for up to 18 months.The qualifications for these visas vary depending on your country of residence.

PLEASE NOTE: It is best to register with a Designated Sponsoring Agency BEFORE you submit an application to a U.S. employer listed on Sponsoring agencies will have the most up to date information about any travel restrictions and wait times for visas. 

The J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program fosters global understanding through educational and cultural exchanges.  All exchange visitors are expected to return to their home country upon completion of their program in order to share their exchange experiences. Read more about WORK AND TRAVEL ELIGIBILITY AND FEES

Click here for a helpful fact sheet for more information on the J1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program.

Other Temporary Work Visas for the U.S.

H-2B Visa –  Employers must be labor certified by their State Labor Department and the United States Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in order to offer the H-2B visa.

The H-2B Visa program allows U.S. employers or U.S. agents who meet specific regulatory requirements to bring foreign nationals to the United States to fill temporary nonagricultural jobs. A U.S. employer, or U.S. agent as described in the regulations, must file Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, on a prospective worker’s behalf.
Read more about H2B VISA ELIGIBILITY