Help Us Reconnect People to the Important Things of a Life Well-Lived
We are located in a beautiful mountain valley. Your cell won't work here. Sorry and you're welcome.
- Red Horse Mountain Ranch, Harrison, Idaho
- $11.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (May 11, 2020)
The Hospitality Department plays a very rewarding role in creating the ultimate guest experience. We get to create warm and inviting sleeping spaces as well as comfortable homey dining spaces. The interaction we have with the guest who visit is life-changing, not only for them but for you as well. We are not just housekeepers or servers, we are on a mission in leading our guests to “Reconnect to the Important Things of a Life Well Lived.” We are professionals. We take ownership of our hard work. We are happy folks with positive attitudes and create a safe place for our guests and team members to grow and thrive! You’ll be working with an amazing staff in a setting that offers strong core values, encourages self-motivation, and with management that values hard-working individuals
Caring for Guests
- Talk with guests and get to know them so you can anticipate their needs
- Learn guest names
- Greet guests by name in passing
- Create a safe and quiet environment for them to relax in
- Answer questions
- Create memorable moments for the guests
- Encourage them as they learn
- Show them the best time of their life
- Having a heart for hospitality
Caring for Facilities
- Create a safe and welcoming environment in all guest cabins and facilities
- Follow checklists to complete lodge and cabin cleans
- Have an eye for beauty and cohesiveness
- Cleaning, Dusting, Sweeping and Mopping Thoroughly and Quickly
- Creating a pristine environment in the lodge, its common areas, and Cabins
- Admire the look of a clean well put together room
- Take pride in every detail accounted for
- Tend to guest and lodge laundry
- Wash, Dry, and Fold all ranch linens
- Iron clothes as needed
- Carry laundry bags to and from guest cabins
- Look over linens for stains
- Calmly provide excellent service to our dining guests during breakfast, lunch and dinner in a timely and cheerful way
- Move our delicious food in large serving platters safely from the kitchen to the dining area buffet
- Take drink orders and fulfilling them
- Keep a watchful eye on buffet status and reporting needs to kitchen
- Relay Dietary information including allergies to guests and kitchen
- Create signage for food displays
- Accurately label foods which contain items guests are allergic to
- Work with guests and children who have allergy concerns
- Clear dirty plates, glasses, silverware, napkins in a timely and professional manner
- Be available and attentive to guest special requests
- Step in where needed at the barn, particularly in aiding the Kids Program with their guests who need lead liners
- Help children ages 3-6 get on and off their horses
- Hold lead rope and walk next to the child on horseback ride
- Help child keep their feet in stirrups
- Keep child engaged on horse
Other Ranch Duties
- May need to help in hosting evening entertainment for guests such as roping, karaoke, line dancing, etc.
- Help in other departments as needed
- Represent the ranch well at all times and demonstrate our core values to others
- Complete service requests for an exceptional guest experience in cleaning, laundry, and serving.
- Physically fit and capable of all Housekeeping/Server duties
- Courteous and professional at all times
- Work with minimal supervision and take directions from a supervisor
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills and customer relations
- Work as a team player
- Be able to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Be able to demonstrate good, sound judgment.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds and work long hours.
- Must wear appropriate uniforms and maintain a neat/clean appearance
- Must be a US Citizen or possess a current and appropriate working visa.
- Hold a valid drivers license
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid first aid and CPR card
This position is being offered from May through September with housing (a dorm room with a roommate and common area) and meals.