Spend your summer in Utah's best kept secret paradise!
Our award winning resort is located in the heart of Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area. The Lodge is treasured for its scenic dining, hand crafted log cabin guest lodging, on-site recreation and an amazing front yard - a private lake surrounded by towering ponderosa pines!
Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area remains an undiscovered gem in the Rockies, despite the huge crowds of nearby National Parks. Known for its amazing trophy trout fishing, the Gorge offers excellent hiking, boating, paddling throughout its incredible landscapes.
About Red Canyon Lodge
Red Canyon Lodge has been the local's favorite destination in Flaming Gorge since 1930. It's all about the setting and our private lake and cabins nestled in stands of ponderosa pines offers a civilized way to enjoy the great outdoors. On-site recreation includes trophy trout fishing, daily horseback riding, hiking and mountain biking trails, kayaks, SUP's and paddle-boats.
We share this scenic spot with a lot of locals, including herds of mule deer, moose and hundreds of songbirds. Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area offers outdoor recreation galore without the national park crowds.
The Employee Experience
You will live and work in an amazing outdoor setting, with trails right outside your door. You share the Lodge with an array of western wildlife that calls it home. We care about our staff and seek to have them enjoy both their jobs and time off. The Lodge has plenty of outdoor gear that helps you get the most of out of the many adventures surrounding you. Certainly we feel that if we keep you happy, you will treat our guests in the same fashion.
The best jobs are those that reward you with new skills, new friends and a sense of accomplishment. We encourage all of our staff to be remarkable and to get something out of creating amazing memories for all our visitors. Our staff is our family and we treat you that way.
While we expect you to work hard, we also are truly interested in your well-being and development. If you are seeking a dynamic nightlife scene, this is probably not your best fit. If you seek to indulge your outdoor passions, this is the place for you!
Room and Board
You must be 21 year of age or older to live in Red Canyon Lodge housing.
- No bunk beds here. Everyone gets their own private room, and in some cases, their own private cabin!
- Linens are provided, washers & dryers are free.
- All employees receive one free meal of choice on days worked. Other meals can be charged or prepared on own in your housing.
- Discounts are provided on guest lodging, most gift shop items and restaurant dining.
- On-site recreation, like horseback riding and boat rentals are free - with a few restrictions.
- Free internet access is available, but sadly rather limited.
On-site housing is within easy walking distance to work and all of our recreational amenities. These options include:
Rustic Cabins: We have several stand alone cabins that offer a maximum of privacy (along with a few hardships). These simple cabins have 1 queen bed, basic furnishings, a microwave, a small refrigerator, a small porch, an outside fire-ring and a very scenic location along the shores of our private lake. What they do not offer is a private bathroom which is a shared facility, a short walk away. Rental costs on Rustic Cabins is $150/month.
Mobile Homes: These units provide our most comfortable shared employee accommodations. All have private bedrooms in two different sizes, a full kitchen, full bathrooms, washers & dryers and comfortable living rooms. They also have satellite TV (which must be paid for to be activated). Rental costs on Mobile Home bedrooms range from $200-$250/month.
RV Housing: Yep, we have a couple RV alternatives as well. Again, a choice that lends you a high degree of housing privacy. One of the RV's is the most deluxe choice on the property and is perfect for couples. RV housing rates run from $150-400/month.
Basic RV sites exist if you'd like to bring your own rig. Please ask us for more details.
- Staff accrue a $.25/hour bonus for all hours worked upon completion of their entire seasonal commitment.
- All recreational toys like mountain bikes, kayaks, SUP's and even horseback riding are available for free when not in use by our guests. We encourage our staff to enjoy their use and maybe learn a new skill!
- Staff receives a 20% discount on most retail and restaurant items.
Getting Here and Getting Around
By far, the best way to enjoy exploring all that Flaming Gorge has to offer is to bring your own private vehicle.
That said, many of our employees do not have vehicles and still get a lot out of living in a remote forest setting. There is bus and regional airline services to our surrounding communities; Vernal, Utah and Rock Springs, Wyoming. We regularly make arrangements to pick up staff from these towns.
The sky is the limit with amazing recreational opportunities in our area. Here's a few of our favorites:
- Learn to fish some of the best trophy waters in the west.
- Explore vast recreation area lands from Wyoming's high desert to the alluring High Uintas wilderness.
- Boat, paddle, catch trophy trout or enjoy a swim in the 91-mile long Lake Flaming Gorge.
- Find your own mountain lake for the afternoon.
- Soak in the scenery at one of the area's many scenic overlooks, the best one being a short walk away from the Lodge.
- Raft the legendary Green River.
- Enjoy all the outdoor toys at the Lodge at no charge!
Our main season runs from late April until late September. While we do engage in shorter terms, preference is given to those who can stay through the entire season. Part-time, full-time and seasonal opportunities exist. Staff are not required to live on site and fuel subsidies exist for staff who reside in the area and drive over 30 minutes to work.
WE ARE ACTIVELY SEEKING A INDIVIDUAL TO BECOME OUR NEXT GREAT CHEF! This is a great opportunity for an experienced person to join a small resort that values people and strives to create a harmonious work environment.
The following is a list of our available positions which all begin this Spring!
Help manage servers, greet restaurant patrons, cash register duties, retail sales, food and alcohol service, closing the restaurant, food prep and working with the public. Must have Alcoholic Beverage Server Certification and Food Handlers Permit (we will help accomplish this) Starting at $12/hour and up, DOE.
How to Apply
We ask that you go to our website and fill out an online application to get things started. Prepared resumes are awesome and can be emailed as well.