Guide Trail Rides In The Great Rawah Wilderness
Rawah Ranch in located IN COLORADO near both Glendevey, CO and Jelm, WY.
- Glendevey, Colorado
- unknown / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (May 04, 2020)
Rawah Guest Ranch in Glendevey, CO is looking for a dedicated, hardworking, and responsible Wrangler to join our staff for the 2020 ranch season which runs May 1st, 2020 through October 5th, 2020. Applicants must be available for the duration of the season, with flexibility for minor travel if already scheduled and coordinated in advance with management and team members (weddings, etc.).
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualities:
- Possesses a hardworking and self-driven work ethic
- Understands and prioritizes work-related responsibilities before and above personal recreation/free-time
- Follows instructions and works cooperatively with management and coworkers
- Able to independently identify and complete additional tasks that have not been assigned by management in order to support the entire staff
- Ability to relate well with guests and teammates in a professional and service-oriented manner
- Positive “never say no” attitude with the ability to demonstrate flexibility and adjust to shifting responsibilities as unexpected tasks arise
- Willingness to work beyond specified hours during busiest weeks of the year and/or as other team members need coverage for personal travel/emergencies
- We are open to the possibility of a husband & wife team (or significant other)
The Wrangler will work together and with the head wrangler and ranch management, to provide the highest quality of horse care and guest experience. He/she will be responsible for helping a team of up to five wranglers. The daily operations of cleaning corrals, doctoring, providing care for a string of approx. 60 horses and maintaining a neat and orderly barn/corral.
In addition to the above, regular tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Lead twice daily guest rides (walking, trotting and loping rides on various terrains with a broad range of guest experience levels with the duration of one hour up to overnight trips) with professionalism and positivity
- Help with managing the rotation and irrigation of pastures
- Track and keep a detailed account of time spent on Wilderness and Natural Forest Land
- Lead and participate in weekly special riding events (overnight camping trip rides, cowboy breakfast rides, etc.), including set-up, tear down and event hosting
- Provide general ranch maintenance (fencing, trail clearing, new trail construction, etc.)
- Work cooperatively with management and teammates to manage horse care throughout the season (feed/water/barn cleaning/grooming, etc.) to include weekends and off-days as assigned
- Maintain consistent “cowboy/cowgirl” appearance, including proper attire (boots, hats, chaps, uniform shirts, etc.) in order to provide the best guest experience
- Ability to perform any additional barn/ranch projects as assigned by ranch management
ALL Staff Members:
- ALL members of the Rawah Guest Ranch staff will be asked to fill additional roles on the ranch in other departments as necessary (I.e., supporting the Rawah Kids Program, Front Desk, etc.)
- ALL members of the Rawah Guest Ranch staff will be assigned to host and participate in multiple evening activities and special events throughout the week
- Minimum of two years of wrangling experience (leading group rides, working on a barn staff, etc.) or equivalent
- Extensive and recent experience working with and caring for horses
- Stand/walk for long periods of time without breaks, bend, push, pull and lift 50-100lb hay bales with ease
- Fluency in English
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test
- Wrangling Safety Certification – the ranch will sponsor this certification for hired team members prior to the season’s start if you do not have this certification.
- Knowledge of the Rawah Wilderness Area is helpful but is not required
- No dogs allowed
- Competitive pay with overtime, room/board, and tips included
- Colorado’s most spectacular work environment, in the heart of the Roosevelt National Forest
- Enjoy all the ranch has to offer in your time off (generally Wednesday late mornings following guest departure, until Thursdays mid-day; additional personal time off during the week will be coordinated with Management and co-workers in your department)
- Amenities: Wifi, on-site landlines for personal phone calls (no cell service on the ranch)
- Able to ride after work.
Thank you for your interest in joining the 2020 Rawah Guest Ranch staff. We really think there is no better place to work. If we believe you are a good fit for the team, we will contact you with further interest.