Rawah Guest Ranch is looking for a dedicated and hardworking Activities and Events Director
Rawah Ranch in located IN COLORADO near both Glendevey, CO and Jelm, WY.
- Glendevey, Colorado
- unknown / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 6 months (May 15, 2020)
Activities & Events/Kids Program Director will alternate between running the Rawah Kids Program and functioning as an Activities Guide, dependent upon guest needs from week to week.
Kids Program Director:
- Organize and facilitate Kids Program activities for children of all ages during program hours (8:45-12pm, daily)
- Develop different daily activities such as: facilitating Tiny Hiny farm excursions, coordinating children’s rides with Wranglers, planning and ordering supplies for ranch-style crafts (I.e., making moccasins, making cowboy bolo ties, etc.), facilitating kids games and events (I.e, panning for gold, yard games, etc.).
- Individual ownership and initiative in Kids Program development is strongly encouraged
- Using creativity to ensure our youngest guests are well taken care of and having fun when their parents enjoy morning ranch activities
- Ensure that the Kids Program is not a “babysitting service” and seek to give young guests an excellent dude ranch experience through age-appropriate activities
Activities & Events Director:
- Work closely with Ranch Management to coordinate and host evening special events and nightly activities and taking lead as one of the primary ranch hosts alongside Ranch Managers
- Ensure that each nightly event is prepped and staffed; work with management to ensure that Rawah staff members are alternately assigned to nightly events and delegate appropriate responsibilities
- During weeks/days that there are no guests interested in taking advantage of the Kids Program, the Activities & Events Director will serve as a guide for activities such as archery, guided hiking, yoga instruction, etc.
ALL Staff Members:
- ALL members of the Rawah Guest Ranch staff will be asked to fill additional roles on the ranch in other departments as necessary (I.e., supporting the Rawah Kids Program, Front Desk, etc.)
- ALL members of the Rawah Guest Ranch staff will be assigned to host and participate in multiple evening activities and special events throughout the week
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualities:
- Possesses a hardworking and self-driven work ethic
- Understands and prioritizes work-related responsibilities before and above personal recreation/free-time
- Follows instructions and works cooperatively with management and coworkers
- Able to independently identify and complete additional tasks that have not been assigned by management in order to support the entire staff
- Ability to relate well with children, adults, and teammates in a professional and service-oriented manner
- Positive attitude with an ability to demonstrate flexibility and adjust to shifting responsibilities as unexpected tasks arise (and they will!)
- Willingness to work beyond specified hours during busiest weeks of the year and/or as other team members need coverage for personal travel/emergencies
- Experience working with children and references that can recommend you for the role
- Ability to pass a background check
- Stand/walk for long periods of time without breaks, bend, push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs or more with ease
- Fluency in English
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass background and drug test
- No dogs
- Competitive pay with overtime, room and board included
- Colorado’s most spectacular work environment, in the heart of the Roosevelt National Forest
- Enjoy all the ranch has to offer in your time off (generally Wednesday late mornings following guest departure, until Thursdays mid-day; additional personal time off during the week will be coordinated with Management and co-workers in your department)
- Amenities: Wifi, on-site landlines for personal phone calls (no cell service on the ranch)
Thank you for your interest in joining the 2020 Rawah Guest Ranch staff. We really think there is no better place to work. If we believe you are a good fit for the team, we will contact you with further interest.