Exciting opportunity on Wyoming ranch for Camp Chef with experience cooking over a fire!
Make the Bighorn Mountains your kitchen for the summer
- Hyattville, Wyoming
- up to $3,200.00 / month + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 2 months. (May 07, 2024)
Exciting opportunity for Chef with proven interest or experience cooking over a fire and a passion for fresh and creative meals!
Live and work on a stunning and ecologically diverse 80,000 acre cattle ranch in northern Wyoming and be a part of a small, engaging, and close-knit team.
The first half of the season the Chef will cook out of a semi-permanent camp on the ranch located at the mouth of the Paintrock Canyon and next to Paintrock Creek. The second half will be spent preparing meals during pack trips in the backcountry of the Bighorn Mountains. Cook for small guest groups, averaging at 10 per week. Season runs May 7 through end of September.
The Camp Chef is one of the core members of the Paintrock Canyon Ranch hospitality team, and a leader in the Ranchlands food program. The duties include...
- Executing an outdoor dining experience that serves three high quality meals with relevant foods and flavors, accounting for all dietary restrictions or preferences in a timely manner.
- Cooking high quality, elevated camping meals over the fire in the backcountry during Pack Trips.
- Leading and building upon a food program that identifies as Ranchlands.
- Creating an ordering system, place orders, and source groceries and produce.
The ideal candidate will have...
- Proven interest in local grown food and produce.
- Warm, friendly, excellent communicator with guests and staff.
- High standard of work ethic and professionalism.
- The desire to ensure each guest has the experience of a lifetime.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Minimum qualifications include at least one year of professional cooking experience and a driver's license. Shared housing with utilities is included.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.