Help plan adventures for youth on 268 acres of picturesque wilderness in northwest NJ
Beautiful 268-acre campus with 15 acre lake, with abundance of wildlife, birds and fish.
- Blairstown, New Jersey
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 2 months. (Jan 04, 2022)
The Program Manager will plan outdoor adventures for historically marginalized youth on Princeton-Blairstown Center’s 268-acre campus near the Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area! Be part of our year-round team as we develop and deliver environmental and outdoor (ropes and challenge course) programs for schools, community-based organizations, and university partners in the New York metropolitan area. The Program Manager supports the Director of Programs and Assistant Director in all aspects of program management, coordination, implementation, and delivery at the Blairstown Campus. In addition to staff training and management of our extensive high/low ropes and challenge course elements, the Program Manager will:
• Develop, manage, coordinate, and evaluate progressively sequenced, age-appropriate programs which address user group’s goals, objectives, needs, and interests; develop and implement program schedules; appropriate staff; organize food service, transportation, and other logistics; maintain records; and undertake assessment and evaluation of program offerings. (approximately 70% of time)
• Supervise and coach staff as assigned and evaluate their performance. (approximately 20% of the time).
• Develop, facilitate, and debrief adventure based/experiential education curriculum including adventure course, low and high ropes course, rock climbing, hiking, canoeing/kayaking/swimming, and restoration programming designed to help students develop 21st Century and social-emotional skills that include learning to communicate cooperatively, problem solve, and work together to achieve common goals. (approximately 10% of the time).
- Job Location – Blairstown, NJ
- Salary Range $39-$45k (Depending on Experience),
- Excellent time off package (3 weeks of vacation, 6 sick days, 11 Holidays, 1 Heritage Day, 2 wellness days),
- Generous health care/dental/vision package, 3% employer contribution to 401k, bonus, $1,000 annual professional development funds, in-service training, food, shared house/private bedroom in recently renovated semi-furnished house (room & board valued at $20k).
- Flexible start date - preferably January, 2022.
- For more details on duties and qualifications, please see our website.
BIPOC are strongly encouraged to apply. PBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion in its work and staffing.
How to Apply
Please apply at our website via the link below.