Driver/Guide Position in Alaska Available Now!
Work in Some of Alaska's Most Pristine and Untouched Wilderness!
Princess Cruises and Holland America Line - offer a unique opportunity to work in some of Alaska's most pristine and untouched areas. A variety of summer jobs await you at each of our properties. We offer jobs in several divisions, including Transportation, Rail Services and Hotel & Lodges.
Near rivers and wilderness, and other travel destinations across Alaska.
Jobs in the Spotlight
About Princess Cruises and Holland America Line - Alaska and Yukon
We’re a collaboration of Princess Cruises and Holland America Line, innovators in Alaska tourism and advocates for the environment. We offer guests a variety of experiences-whether sailing past glaciers, cozying up in a wilderness lodge, or spotting a bear from a dome—window rail car, we provide adventure, comfort, and lifetime memories.
The Employee Experience
Working in Alaska is the adventure of a lifetime. We work hard, and we play hard, in one of the most beautiful and exciting locations on Earth. Join us for the BEST. SUMMER. EVER.
We are warm, welcoming, respectful, and professional. Whether working with customers or each other, we are always creating relaxed and rejuvenating vacation experiences and lifelong memories. Prior experience is not the most important thing - we are looking for people with outstanding customer service skills and a spirit of adventure.
Room and Board
Dormitory style employee housing is available at a reasonable cost at the following locations:
- Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge
- Dawson City Westmark
- Dawson City Transportation
- Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge
- Denali Transportation
- Juneau Transportation
- Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge
- Ketchikan Transportation
- McKinley Chalet Resort
- Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge
- McKinley Transportation
- Skagway Westmark
- Skagway Transportation
- Whitehorse Transportation
Room charges are based on double occupancy. Discount meal programs and laundry facilities are available on-site at most locations. RV sites are also available at several locations.
Though there is no on site housing available in Fairbanks or Anchorage. Many employees share rented apartments to help with costs.
Typically, most locations offer a wide variety of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, rafting, and fishing. Employee discounts may be available on certain excursions as well. Upon successful completion of the terms of the employment agreement, an attractive discounted travel program may be available including cruises.
Getting Here and Getting Around
Upon your arrival in Alaska, you will be picked up by a shuttle. Speak with your hiring manager for more information.
During your leisure time, a multitude of outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, fishing, wildlife viewing, river rafting, horseback riding and more are easily accessible. Local sightseeing excursions are often offered at a discounted price. Our Fairbanks, Anchorage and Juneau locations offer typical city amenities such as movie theaters, shopping centers, and other venues. Our other locations also offer weekly employee shuttle rides to their closest urban center, Fairbanks or Anchorage.
Driver Guide, Rail Host, Maintenance, Groundskeeper, Front Desk, Accounting, Security, Laundry Operations, Housekeeper, Gift Shop Staff, Dishwasher, Cooks, Server, Luggage Crew, and many more! Truly something for everyone!
Search all of our Current Job Openings.
Job Duties: Performs a variety of customer service and driving tasks. Applies knowledge of FMSCA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) Regulations through required documents maintained daily. Routinely, drives a motor coach and provides narrated tours. Performs inspections on vehicles and basic mechanical duties. Applies knowledge of the area to provide information to passengers.
Availability: Full Time. Season runs May thru September.
Job Requirements: High school completion or equivalent certification. Proficiency in the use of computer business applications. Ability to safely drive a motor coach while speaking to passengers, answering questions and providing narration, while working in a team or group environment. Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written, with customers, employees and management. Ability to troubleshoot. One year of experience in positions involving customer service. Current, valid CDL is required (may be obtained through Company training course.) Current, valid driver's license, with a clean driving record is required. Must be certified as physically qualified through a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen. Minimum age of 21 is required. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Job Categories: Transportation
- Performs a variety of entry-level housekeeping and delivery tasks.
- Routinely cleans guest and public areas.
- Operates cleaning equipment.
- Makes supplies deliveries and maintains supply closets.
- Identifies maintenance issues.
- High school completion or equivalent experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate, verbally and written, with employees, management and customers.
- Ability to comply with company health and safety requirements.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, maintain an attention to detail, while working in a team or group environment.
- Some experience in positions involving housekeeping is normally preferred for this job.
- Minimum age of 18 is required for this position.
- To service areas where alcohol is present the minimum age of 21 is required.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Job Categories: Rooms Division
- Performs a variety of advanced food preparation tasks.
- Routinely, prepares and processes food.
- Monitors food preparation and cook on line during meal production.
- Culinary degree or equivalent certification and/or 3 years of line cook experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written, with customers, employees and management.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, maintains an attention to detail, while working in a team or group environment.
- May require sweeping, mopping and washing dishes.
- One year of experience in positions involving commercial food preparation.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Job Categories: Food and Beverage
How to Apply
Thanks for your interest in applying for a job with Holland America and Princess Cruises. Please click Apply Now to begin our on-line application process. If you do not have a resume, that is ok. You can skip that field! It is very important that you get all the way through Step 6 of the application. When you get a date stamp that your application has been submitted, you will know that your application was received!