Come Build on the Story of your Life!
What is your passion? Hiking, Fishing, Camping, you can do all that & more working for us.
- Anchorage, Alaska, Healy, Alaska, Alaska, and Trapper Creek, Alaska
- $20.00 - $20.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (Mar 18, 2024)
We have seasonal driving opportunities in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Denali, Anchorage, Fairbanks, and McKinley. No experience necessary! Our paid training classes begin in March. If you already have your Commercial Driver's License, expand your experience and knowledge.
**You will earn $14.00 an hour during your training; once you have completed your training, your wage jumps to $20.00 per hour + tips!
Plus Earn a FREE* cruise after your first completed contract! (*A contract of 400 hours must be completed.)
We are the largest Tour Operator in Alaska with team members hailing from all 50 states and many countries around the world. HAP Alaska-Yukon is able to deliver first-class service every time because of YOU. Our motto is Work Hard Play Harder in one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world.
Join our team to experience Alaska and the Yukon! Apply today! #BestSummerEver
Availability: Full Time.
Our training classes begin in March and our season runs from April thru October.
Many locations offer subsidized housing for Driver Guides, your hiring manager will answer all those questions.
- Performs a variety of customer service and driving tasks.
- Applies knowledge of FMSCA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) regulations through required documents maintained daily.
- Routinely drives a motorcoach and provide narrated tours to our guests.
- Performs inspections on vehicles and basic mechanical duties.
- Applies knowledge of the area to provide information to passengers.
- Current, valid driver's license, with three (3) years of clean driving record. Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be requested.
- Must meet Company's clean driver eligibility requirements.
- Current, valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class B with your air brake restriction lifted. (May be obtained through our Company training course.)
- Must be certified as physically qualified through a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen. You will also be entered into our random drug testing program.
- Minimum age of 21 is required for your CDL.
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs/25 kg.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check.
- Participates in HAP’s sustainability program, aka “Sustain Alaska & the Yukon”, and efforts by actively recycling (where available), reducing waste, and educating guests about our commitment to the environment.
- Participate in HAP’s safety culture to ensure a safe workplace for all team members and a safe vacation experience for all guests.
- Dedicated to delivering excellent customer service to all guests, coworkers, and vendors.
- Dedicated commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States. Holland America-Princess is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time (e.g., H-2B status).
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to safely drive a motorcoach while speaking to passengers, answering questions, and providing narration.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and maintain attention to time constraints, while working in a team or group environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and external influences.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while achieving daily goals.
- Ability to support and comply with company policies, procedures, and guidelines including support and comply with company health and safety standards.
- Ability to stand/walk/work on feet for a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Travel - FREE CRUISE AFTER YOUR FIRST SEASON!
- Reward for Referral Program
- Experience – Of a lifetime!
- Rewards & Incentives
- Community Service
- Employee Activities
- Professional Growth
HAP Alaska Yukon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
How to Apply
Complete your application by clicking APPLY NOW.