Are you passionate about parks and creating events that engage the public?
The Presidio Trust brings alive the unique historic, natural & recreational assets of the Presidio.
- San Francisco, California
- $800.00 / month
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Mar 19, 2018)
This internship supports annual events, the launch of new events, partner events, the new Presidio Visitors Center, the Presidio Trails program and the Presidio Public Art program. The intern will also assist in the production of other internally produced events and will represent the Trust at small to large public gatherings located at various venues throughout the built and natural areas of the Park.
Start Date: March 2018
Length of Position: 6 months with the possibility of extension up to 12 months
Schedule: 40 hours per week, primarily a Wed-Sun schedule, but flexible to include occasional holidays, weekends and evenings
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with planning, logistics and event coordination of public programs and lawn and venue rentals
- Assists with creation of production schedules, vendor communications and production timelines
- Assists with partner communications and development of educational materials specific to events
- Supports sustainability initiatives at Trust-sponsored events
- Educates park users about Trust Park Use policies
- Collects data and feedback on event attendees
- Provides administrative support such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, and phone calls
- Other duties as assigned
Stipend: $400 every two weeks
Transportation Benefit: $50 monthly parking permits for car owners or $50/month for non-car owners
Housing: Interns are provided a single occupancy (one person) room in dormitory-style housing in the Presidio with basic accommodations including a furnished private room, shared kitchen, and common areas. Interns must sign a housing contract, abide by the residential rules and contribute to the maintenance of the household. Interns must reside in the housing provided to be eligible for the internship. We cannot accept non-residential interns.
- Gain professional development skills working both independently and in a team setting
- Gain valuable contacts and exposure to professionals in the recreation and special events industry
- Develop personal skills in conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Develop skills as an active member of program development teams
- Gain experience in event design, complex scheduling, show production and vendor agreements
- Currently seeking or holds a degree in parks and recreation, events management, resource management or hospitality
- The desire to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task
- Strong work ethic with the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with exceptional customer service skills and ability to present information and respond to questions from colleagues, clients, and the general public
- Teamwork skills, including the ability to work collaboratively, efficiently, and at times independently
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Drivers’ License
- Must be a US Citizen and at least 21 years old
How to Apply
Interested candidates should respond (preferably via email) with cover letter, resume and contact information (including full name, title, phone number and email address for at least two references ) by email to Margaret Casey at email@example.com. PDF format is preferred but Microsoft Word versions are acceptable.