Point O’ Woods seeks an experienced Grocery Store Manager for a seasonal island specialty market
Private Beach Community, 45 miles East of NYC. A family oriented residential community with a strong emphasis on traditions and offer a truly unique opportunity in an incredible beach environment.
- Point O' Woods, New York
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (Apr 01, 2018)
Point O’ Woods Association
Fire Island, NY
Grocery Store Manager
Point O’ Woods is soliciting for an experienced Grocery Store Manager for a seasonal island specialty marketplace.
This position is responsible for leading and managing the grocery operations of a seasonal specialty market located 44 miles due east of Manhattan in a private community on Fire Island, NY. Our community is a multigenerational private settlement on Fire Island firmly committed to the spirit of family life. It is an unpretentious, quiet place located in a beach setting of natural beauty.
The Grocery Store Manager is a critical position in our community and interfaces daily with our residents.
- Season Operation Dates – April 15th to October 30th
- Provide excellent customer service – highly effective at interacting and meeting the needs of a varied customer base. Strong emphasis on the ability to build personal relationships and deliver delicious food offerings.
- Staff supervision of seasonal employees, including hiring and scheduling.
- Maintain and encourage a positive and supportive work environment.
- Manage product offerings for a 3,500 square foot facility, offering a variety of selections of dairy, dry goods, frozen, beverage, produce and deli/prepared food offerings. Deli and prepared food operations include preparing breakfast and lunch sandwiches, salads, sliced deli meats, repacking foods, etc.
- Coordinate the purchasing and ordering of store inventory and merchandise.
- Maintain communications and relationships with distributors and vendors .
- Maintain food safety and sanitation standards including compliance with Weights and Measures and Health/Sanitation.
- Implement Inventory Management & Cost Control Practices
- Manage Point of Sale Computerized System
- Manage operations to meet or exceed established operating budget goals.
- Knowledge of local produce, general nutrition and health conscious alternatives
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Customer Service Orientation
- Excellent communications and team building skills
- Track record of industry experience
- Knowledge of grocery store procedures and policies
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Basic computer skills and POS system
- Able to prioritize efficiently and delegate responsibilities
Competitive Compensation Package including seasonal beach housing 100 yards from beach, parking and ferry transportation
How to Apply
Please forward your resume to email@example.com