The Restaurant Server will be comfortable interacting with our guests and ensuring they have an enjoyable experience dining with us. They will be responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guests needs and make them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Servers are expected to have some basic food knowledge. All functions are to be carried out in an environment of teamwork. Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Prepare the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks.
- Stay updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items, etc.
- Handle the table bookings, direct customers to their tables, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
- Maintain proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine.
- Obtain revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Understand and can communicate products and services available at the restaurant.
- Communicate comfortably and effectively with kitchen staff to ensure smooth running of food service.
- Fill in for absent staff when needed.
- Assist with food prep or dishwashing when needed or during slow times.
- Complete opening and closing procedures daily.
- Complete daily server close out – ensure all cash, receipts and reports are accounted for.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Perform physical activities such as lifting up to 25lbs, stooping, walking and standing for extended periods of time.
Education and Experience
- High school Diploma or equivalent GED
- 2+ years serving experience in a fast paced environment
- 1+ years of bartending experience
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills
- Food Handlers Card
- TIPS Certified