Boat Dock AttendantApply Now
The Boat Dock Attendant provides all guests with exceptional customer service whilst maintaining the dock, all water activity equipment and its surrounding areas. Responsible for assisting guests with rentals, equipment, paperwork and payment. Ensure guests are assisted in and out of canoes and that they are aware of any and all safety concerns.
Applicant must be willing to work outdoors, have basic fly fishing knowledge and be a true people person.
- Direct boat traffic on the dock.
- Greet all guests in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Answer questions from customers about water activities.
- Instruct guests in safe boating operations.
- Prepare all guests with proper life jackets and equipment.
- Assist guests with waiver forms.
- Assist all guests entering water craft.
- Perform basic POS functions and handle transactions.
- Meet all returning boats and guests as they arrive at the dock.
- Clean all boats upon their return.
- Ensure all boats are properly secured at all times.
- Be knowledgeable about the Ranch and its offerings.
- Remain calm and positive at all times.
- Be aware and attentive to customers’ needs, both on and off the water.
- Keep the dock and boathouse clean at all times.
- Assist with opening and closing procedures dependent on scheduled shift.
- Adhere to company dress code while on duty.
- Appropriate non slip footwear must be worn at all times. No flip flops or open toed shoes will be permitted.
- Keep management apprised of any units that are in need of repairs and/or parts.
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors all day.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Perform physical activities such as lifting up to 50lbs, stooping, walking and standing for extended periods of time.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED or working towards.
- 16 years or older.
- 1+ years of customer service experience.
- Fly fishing experience or knowledge.
- CPR Certified.