Come work with adults and children with disabilities in the outdoors!
View of the lake and mountains on 285-acres
- Rome, Maine
- $4,450.00 - $5,500.00 / season
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 18, 2023)
Pine Tree Camp opened its gates in 1945 as a summer camp for children with physical disabilities. Over the years, it has evolved into a place where children and adults with disabilities are able to participate in all the recreational activities for which Maine is known all year long.
The barrier-free setting, along with an amazing staff, ensures that activities like swimming, fishing, kayaking, hiking, biking, archery, boating and even camping in a tent under the stars are completely accessible to all.
Participating in activities that take people beyond their disability has a tremendous impact. It builds self-esteem and self-confidence. That experience coupled with meeting friends who understand and experience the feeling of acceptance is transformational.
Employment Dates: Dates vary by position. June 18th- End of August
Salary: All summer salaries are stipend based on experience. Pine Tree Camp pays bi-weekly. Positions such as our dining hall assistants, facilities assistants, support staff specialists, and day camp specialists are hourly positions and start at minimum wage with opportunities for certifications.
Pine Tree Camp has unique programming that involves overnight, online and day programming for adults and children with disabilities and their families. Working at Pine Tree Camp offers the unique position of being able to customize your experience with us.
Need an internship or practicum work? We can do that. Apply today for the summer of a lifetime!
** Opportunities for work all year round with full-time summer work.
- Enthusiasm for working with people with disabilities
- Previous work history—preferably in a related field
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance with personal care and hygiene (certain positions)
- Ability and willingness to live in close quarters with others (certain positions)
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Sustained personal energy
- Ability to multi-task
- An ability to make decisions
- Physical capacity to perform duties associated with the role
- Certain positions require 18 years of age and older