Cook for Students at a Glass Blowing School $25 per Hour
Live in the Foothills of the Cascade Mountains overlooking the Puget Sound and San Juan Islands
- $25.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Head Chef Seasonal, Full-Time Position Located in Stanwood, Washington, Pilchuck Glass School’s campus is amidst a 15,000-acre working tree farm nestled in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains overlooking Puget Sound. The school is an international center for glass art education and accommodates a rotating community of 110–140 participants who live on campus during their stay. If you are an experienced Head Chef looking to immerse yourself in a in a natural setting amongst creative community, we would love to hear from you.
Qualified Head Chef Applicants must have 2-3 years’ experience:
- planning and preparing three delicious meals a day, 7 days a week including unique menus and snacks for special events
- accommodating special dietary needs such as gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, Kosher and other food allergies or restrictions
- food purchasing within budget
- always maintaining high health and food standards
- supervising a kitchen staff of up to nine co-workers with varying food service experience to cooperatively run the kitchen 7 days a week
- scheduling kitchen staff to maintain service and days off
- orienting and training kitchen staff as needed to maintain an efficient kitchen for on time meal service
- Ability to lift at least 20lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly with fellow staff, program participants, and visitors
- The ability to walk, ascend, and descend stairs and ramps on campus
The Pilchuck Glass School kitchen staff work as a team. The Head Chef, with the cooperation of the Assistant Chef and Baker, must be able to provide direction and instruction to less experienced kitchen assistants in a calm and supportive manner. This seasonal position starts immediately and runs through October 3, 2022. Pilchuck Glass School provides compensation, private housing, meals, and access to glass blowing, printmaking, mold making, and flameworking studios. This is truly a unique and unforgettable experience!
Pilchuck Glass School is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and participants. Pilchuck encourages all interested persons to apply regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran, or disability status
How to Apply
For more information about Pilchuck Glass School, visit http://www.pilchuck.org. To apply, please email a resume [PDF or .docx] to Shannon Brunskill at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your resume, please include two professional references [name, occupation, email, telephone] and a short essay of interest in being the Head Chef at Pilchuck Glass School. Pilchuck Glass School is committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.