- $15.00 / hour
- Start Date:
Pilchuck Glass School’s private campus is amidst a 15,000 acre tree farm nestled in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains overlooking the Puget Sound. Located near Stanwood, WA, the school accommodates a rotating community of 115 participants who live on campus while taking a class.
The artists in our community work hard and LOVE TO EAT tasty food!
We are looking for 2 Assistant Chefs to support our Head Chef and Kitchen Assistant crew in serving delicious food to our artists.
Qualified Assistant Chef Applicants will:
- work with the Head Chef on weekly menus and food orders
- assist in managing kitchen operations and kitchen staff including orientation, training, and delegation of tasks
- assist in meal service and food preparation as directed by the Head Chef
- help kitchen run on-time daily for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- lead by example every day in food safety and cleanliness, bringing energy, and quality to the kitchen
We are looking for applicants with 2 to 3 years of professional culinary experience meeting high standards of food service and dietary considerations for groups of 75 or more. We support Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free diets.
The chef staff work as a team to provide direction and instruction to less experienced kitchen assistants in a calm and supportive manner. Kitchen assistants are typically glass artists that rotate every 2 to 5 weeks.
This seasonal position starts [approximately] April 19 and runs through September 17, 2016. Pilchuck Glass School provides a salary, housing, meals, limited art studio access and a truly unique and unforgettable experience!
***Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States, we do not sponsor work visas. Applicants must be the age of 21 or older**
How to apply
Please fill out the online application to apply by clicking "Apply Now"! or email a resume and cover letter.