Looking for an active job with a lot of variety in an independent hotel in Fairbanks?
On the Chena River in Fairbanks, AK, close to the airport.
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Sep 18, 2017)
POSITION TITLE: Assistant General Manager / Asst. Hotel Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant General manager is responsible for front desk and driver operations at Pike’s and provides support to the General Manager.
Directs and coordinates hotels activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, and maximize full potential with a balanced focus on Pike’s guests, employees and owner satisfaction.
ASST GENERAL MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the General Manager in her day to day operations. Cover shifts in all departments as scheduled by the General Manager. Receives, resolves or assists the General Manager in resolving guest complaints and service recovery process. Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard. Ensure full compliance with Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards. Builds strong working relationships and communications with Hotel staff and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfillment of group and special event needs. Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to guest or employee emergencies.
- Provides effective leadership to hotel team members. Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established safe operating procedures. Assists in the selection of hotel staff and complete all new hire processing. Provides training to staff. Reviews employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations. Ensures that hotel staff is provided with uniforms and name tags, and upholds property grooming standards.
- Assists in Group Reservations and coordinating group stays, VIP and media visits. conducts in depth tours of Pike’s property. Maintains accurate records to support cash flows sheet, occupancy reports, Direct billing etc. Assists General Manager during owner morning meetings or conducts the morning meetings in the absence of General Manager. Assist the GM in in all aspects of inventory and business planning.
- Monitors the Guest feedback on Trip advisor, OTA's etc. and Guestfolio and paper surveys. Researches and provides detailed information to Director of Marketing and Sales on guest issues for formal responses.
- Assist GM in key property issues including capital projects, customer service, and refurbishment.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections. Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide a status report to GM.
- Audits on stock on all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need. Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas. All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management.
PREREQUISITES: Strong management skills, ability to appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. Experience to provide coaching, advice, and assistance as required. Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience in Property Management System and familiarity of hotel inventory. Positive Attitude.
Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Three years experience in management in the service, food and beverage, or hotel industry strongly preferred. A college degree is preferred.
Experience in management or financial accounting, personnel supervision and problem resolutions is a added advantage. Excellent computer system skills. Applicants must have a knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs, and have excellent oral and written communications skills. They must also be organized, able to multi-task, be detail oriented, and able to work with minimal supervision. Being bilingual is advantageous. There is some lifting and physical activity involved in performing the job.
Salary is dependent on experience.
How to Apply
Send an email with Resume, 3 professional references and writing and spreadsheet sample to Elizabeth Griswold at GM@PikesLodge.com