Work 90 mins from 20+ parks and monuments with amentities of a small city
Over 20 Parks and Monuments within 90 mins
- Kanab, Utah
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Aug 13, 2019)
The Gift Shop Clerk provides efficient, professional customer assistance with purchases and ensures the store is always clean and well-stocked.
- Greets and assists guests; works sales floor shifts; accurately processes guest payments by operating cash register and/or credit card machine.
- Provides and ensures all guests receive excellent customer service.
- Uses knowledge of Gift Shop merchandise and local area to answer guest questions (i.e., where it is made, materials it is made from, artist information, product availability) as well as questions about our location and the surrounding areas.
- Responds to customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Assists with inventory control, ordering, receiving, stocking, and display/presentation of shop merchandise.
- Follows the proper opening, closing, and security procedures.
- Informs management of unusual circumstances, shop issues and needs
- Ensures the Gift Shop and related facilities remain clean, organized, and stocked.
- May be responsible for processing and completing required paperwork.
- Follows company policies including uniform and grooming standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS:
- Perform deep cleaning projects as assigned.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to learn all company training materials; Knowledge of the surrounding area.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Skill in inventory control and awareness of shoplifters.
- Proper and accurate money handling and cash counting skills.
- Ability to operate cash register, credit card machine and POS system accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive knowledge of product information to enhance a professional sales approach.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Ability to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Climb stairs and walk on hard, tiled, wood, carpet and uneven surfaces, for extended periods of time.
- Stand/remain upright/standing for extended periods of time.
- Sit/remain sitting up for extended periods of time
- Kneel; bend; stoop; turn/twist; and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Ability to use general cleaning equipment such as a broom or mop.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- One year prior retail clerk work experience preferred
- Six months prior work experience operating a cash register, credit card machine and/or POS system preferred
How to Apply
Please apply online.