Join the Culinary Team at Park City! Hiring Cooks!
Strong Team, Great Experience, Career Development
- Park City, Utah
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (Nov 05, 2018)
Voted Park City’s Best Place to Work with over 20 employees by the Park Record 2018 People’s Choice Awards!
Join the Park City Hospitality team, and have the opportunity to work in one of our Canyons Village restaurants, including the Grand Summit Hotel's Central Kitchen, Red Tail Grill, Umbrella Bar Food Truck, Murdock's Cafe, and our fine dining establishment, The Farm. We're seeking chefs with at least two years of experience who are willing and able to quickly learn a variety of recipes and replicate them per restaurant standards with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide superior service to our customers at all times.
- Assist with setting up and stocking work areas with all necessary food, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist with the preparation of various hot foods, such as cooking basic sauces, soups, and vegetable dishes, butchering meats, poultry, and fish.
- Assist with proper plating techniques.
- Assist with the preparation of various breakfast and/or luncheon entrees and side dishes.
- Oversee a variety of other basic food preparation tasks, such as the cleaning and cutting of fruits and vegetables, preparing of individual portions of side dishes and desserts, slicing of meats and cheeses, etc.
- Ensure that foods are maintained at proper temperatures for serving and storing.
- Ensure that established health and safety procedures are followed.
- Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture, and appearance.
- Monitor all food production methods for cost and time efficiency.
- Assist with various inventory control and ordering tasks.
- Assist in menu planning for assigned meals/functions.
- Additional tasks as assigned, based on individual experience.
- High School diploma, or GED – required.
- At least two years of food preparation and service experience – required.
- Strong understanding of restaurant kitchen operations – required.
- Previous supervisory experience – preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory control, ordering, menu planning, and quality control methods – preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – required.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Food Handler’s Permit – required.
What's in it For You?
Join the team today, and enjoy perks such as a Free Epic Pass for yourself & your dependents, a Free SLC-PC Connect Bus Pass, retail, lodging, and restaurant discounts, career development opportunities, free leadership classes, and more!