Join our kitchen staff this season in a role that has the potential to go Year-Round!!
The Farm - Fine Dining Restaurant; Canyons Village; Incredible Perks; Great Team; Grow your Career!
- Park City Resort, Utah
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jun 18, 2018)
The Advanced Cook supervises food preparation and production for breakfast and/or lunch and dinner shifts, and performs a variety of kitchen management functions, including ordering, inventory control, and assistance in menu planning. The Farm is our fine dining restaurant located in the heart of Canyons Village, and is known for its stellar menu, great food, and incredible atmosphere! Join this fast-paced team in a fun, upbeat environment, and enjoy perks such as a Free Epic Pass for yourself and your dependents (currently includes full access to free summer activities, gondola rides, employee golf rates, and more!), lodging, rental, and retail discounts, a Free SLC-PC Connect bus pass, career development opportunities, free in-resort leadership classes, and more! This is a seasonal role, with the potential to become Year-Round!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while working in The Farm's open kitchen, and while interacting with the guests.
- Supervise and assist with setting up and stocking work areas with all necessary food, supplies, and equipment.
- Supervise and assist with the preparation of a wide variety of basic menu items: cook soups, sauces and vegetable dishes; butcher and cook meats, poultry and fish; prepare various salads and desserts; and the like. Perform a variety of complex cooking tasks.
- Supervise and assist with the proper plating of all meals.
- Oversee a variety of other basic food preparation tasks, such as the cleaning and cutting of fruits and vegetables, preparing of individual portions of side dishes and desserts, slicing of meats and cheese.
- Ensure that foods are maintained at proper temperatures for serving.
- Ensure that established health and safety procedures are followed.
- Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture, and appearance.
- Monitor all food production methods for cost and time efficiency.
- Supervise and assist with inventory control and ordering, including production cost records, taking of inventory, assistance in planning inventory/production needs, placing of orders, monitoring/supervising delivery of orders.
- Plan, assign work schedules of staff hired for special functions. Assist in general kitchen staff planning.
- Substitute for chef when absent.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional qualifications include:
- High School education or equivalent,
- Training in a culinary arts school preferred.
- At least 2 years of professional cooking experience.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- At least 1 year of Fine Dining restaurant experience.
- Broad base of professional cooking knowledge and skills, including restaurant kitchen operations.
- Good administrative and math skills.
- Some previous inventory control, ordering, and menu planning experience.