Be a Hilton Hotels AND Vail Resorts Employee! Join our DoubleTree Park City Culinary Team!
Newly renovated hotel, fast-paced environment, great team!
- DoubleTree Hotel - Park City, Utah
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Apr 16, 2018)
The Intermediate Cook supervises food preparation and production for breakfast and/or lunch and dinner shifts, and performs a variety of kitchen management functions, including ordering, inventory control, and assistance in menu planning. The DoubleTree Kitchen is the hotel's only kitchen, and prepares food for large banquets, small group events, room service, Appetizer Hour, and more! Join our team today and enjoy the perks of being an employee of Vail Resorts and Hilton Hotels, which includes a Free Epic Ski Pass for yourself and your dependents, Hilton Hotels discounts throughout the world, free leadership classes, career development opportunities within both companies, retail discounts, and more!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide superior service to our customers at all times, and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Assist with setting up and stocking work areas with all necessary food, supplies and equipment.
- Assist with the preparation of various hot foods, such as cooking basic sauces, soups and vegetable dishes; butchering meats, poultry and fish.
- Perform a variety of more complex cooking tasks.
- Assist with the proper plating of dinners.
- Assist with the preparation of various breakfast and/or luncheon entrees and side dishes.
- Oversee a variety of other basic food preparation tasks.
- Ensure that foods are maintained at proper temperatures for serving.
- Ensure that established health and safety procedures are followed.
- Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture and appearance.
- Monitor all food production methods for cost and time efficiency.
Additional qualifications include:
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Training in a culinary arts school plus at least two years of professional cooking experience.
- Broad base of knowledge and skills in food handling, preparation, and cooking.
- Strong understanding of restaurant kitchen operations.
- Previous supervisory experience desirable.
- Knowledge of inventory control, ordering, menu planning, and quality control methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Food Handler’s Permit.
How to Apply
Click Apply Now.