Spend your summer on Horseback in the Remote Mountains of western South Dakota!
Palmer Gulch Stables is located on the northern edge of the Black Elk Wilderness Area in western South Dakota. Five miles west of Mt Rushmore
- Hill City, South Dakota
- unknown / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (May 20, 2023)
Spend the summer horseback in the mountains of western South Dakota just 5 miles from Mt Rushmore National Park!
PROFESSIONAL WRANGLER: We are looking for individuals with leadership qualities. We will provide training for this job. This position is seasonal/full-time.
- Will work directly with owners in the day-to-day operation of this barn.
- Manage 100 head of horses; their health, attitude, gear, feed, feet, and safety.
- Supervise and maintain a clean, organized barn and workplace.
- This is a riding job, and each wrangler spends roughly 6 hours a day in the saddle with the remainder of the day spent dealing with all the usual horse-related duties from feeding, grooming, equine first aid, as well as instructing trail riders.
- Wranglers work 40 to 55 hours a week and are paid $11.00 per hour plus tips (tips typically add 3$ to 10$ per hour).
Applicants must be confident horsemen, good leaders, hard workers, and fun-loving!
A staff bunkhouse is provided, including a full kitchen which is shared by all the wranglers. Palmer Gulch Stables has a rich history in the Black Hills, and our rides are pre-booked and sold out on a daily basis.