Make it Happen!
Adventure Awaits. Set yourself up for your best season ever by joining us at Palisades Tahoe! Working with our team offers you the opportunity to mix fun and recreation, make lifetime friendships and obtain valuable work experience, all in a setting of endless sunshine and legendary mountains! Join our team and ski/ride FREE at 14 Iconic Destinations!
Palisades Tahoe is located halfway between Sacramento, California, and Reno, Nevada
About Palisades Tahoe
About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.
The Employee Experience
At Palisades Tahoe, we are more than just a ski resort, we are a community. Our team has the “work hard, play hard” mentality and celebrates a shared passion for these legendary mountains. With full ski pass access to two beautiful mountains, as well as 14 other iconic ski resorts across the nation, our employees are able to embrace their adventurous side while experiencing true California winters with over 300 days of sunshine.
Do you love meeting and talking with new people? Do you have an adventurous spirit? Are you passionate about the outdoors? Do you enjoy the laid back mountain lifestyle? If you answered yes to any of these questions then we want you! Our ideal candidate is someone who loves working with the public and is passionate about creating extraordinary experiences for guests.
J-1 VISA SUMMER WORK AND TRAVEL
Palisades Tahoe has filled our J1 participant needs for the Winter 21/22 season. For more information about being hired for future seasons, please contact email@example.com.
J-1 VISA INTERN/TRAINEE PROGRAM
Palisades Tahoe offers Exchange Visitors opportunities to work as Interns or Trainees in our Culinary Program. This program will run for 12 months. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palisades Tahoe has filled our petition for H-2B participants for the Winter 21/22 season.
Room and Board
Employees will need to secure housing on their own. Contact our HR team at email@example.com for suggestions on where to find housing.
Recommended Areas to live that are near Public Transportation:
Tahoe City - 7.7 miles, 15 minutes to Squaw Valley
Truckee, CA - 10 miles, 15 minutes to Squaw Valley
Kings Beach, CA - 17 miles, 30 minutes to Squaw Valley
Local transportation (TART system) is free to all riders.
It’s a good idea to plan in advance and start your search for housing early! We recommend utilizing the following resources when searching for housing:
- Sierra Sun www.sierrasun.com. Find local residential housing listed in the classified ads
- Craig’s List - www.craigslist.org Look in the Reno/Tahoe area. A great resource for housing in the Reno/Tahoe area.
- The Housing Connection – A fee-based rental search database www.housingconnection.com
- Join our Facebook group once you are hired “Squaw Alpine Jobs” and connect with current and prospective employees that may have a room available, or looking for a roommate
Besides living and working in the spectacular mountain setting, and enjoying the endless array of trail and mountain activities, you also get these perks!
- FREE ski pass to access 14 iconic destinations including Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude, and more!
- Discounts on Ikon Partner resorts such as Jackson Hole, Alta, and more!
- Free or discounted (depending on full/part-time status) dependent passes for your legal spouse and dependent children under 26
- FREE lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- FREE group ski/snowboard lessons
- FREE equipment rentals Monday-Thursday
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- 50% discount on private ski/snowboard lessons
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and Alpine
- 30% discount at Squaw Valley owned & operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley, Parallel Mountain Sports, and the Ledge snowboard shop.
- Experticity: tons of brands available at discounted prices
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounted rooms the Village at Squaw Valley
- Discounts at Wanderlust Yoga Studio located in the Village at Squaw Valley
- And more!
Getting Here and Getting Around
Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadow Resorts are located halfway between Sacramento, California, and Reno, Nevada. The airport code is RNO. Please visit their website at www.renoairport.com for more information.
Distance from major centers:
- 43 miles from Reno, Nevada
- 110 miles from Sacramento
- 200 miles from San Francisco
Getting around once here:
Both Amtrak and Greyhound have stations in Truckee. There is a local bus system, TART, that runs from Truckee to Squaw and Alpine, and also the north and west shores of Lake Tahoe. Employees receive free bus passes for getting back and forth to work!
Wintertime is filled with skiing and snowboarding at both resorts and summertime brings mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, and water activities! Lake Tahoe is world-famous for its beauty and surroundings. There are 14 ski resorts around the lake and tons of territory for snowmobiling and backcountry skiing. You’ll find active night scenes at Tahoe City and Truckee with numerous restaurants and bars. Other activities around the resorts include:
- Merry Days & Holly Nights - A two-week holiday extravaganza
- Winter Wondergrass - Bluegrass festival
- Spring skiing! - What we are known for with over 300 days of sunshine!
- High Camp – Enjoy a scenic ride up the Tram to Squaw’s elevation 8200 to enjoy roller skating, pool and hot tub, paintball, and hiking at High Camp.
- Festivals! The Village at Squaw Valley hosts festivals all summer long including Wanderlust, a one-of-a-kind Yoga and Music celebration, The Blues and Brews Festival, Peaks and Paws, and the 24th annual Foam Fest!
- Tuesday Bluesdays – Every Tuesday in the summer you can enjoy a free blues concert in the Village at Squaw Valley.
- Truckee Wednesday Music in the Park – The town of Truckee hosts free concerts in their amphitheater all summer long.
- Concerts on the Commons – Every Sunday in the summer Tahoe City hosts free music on Commons Beach!
- Truckee Thursdays – Free community street fair on Commercial Row with farmer’s market, arts and craft vendors, live music, beer garden, and food vendors.
And there’s a lot more going on – check out www.gotahoenorth.com for a complete list of events and activities.
How to Apply
Visit our career page at www.squawalpine.com/jobs to see all of our current openings. Once you create an application, you can apply to multiple jobs if you are interested in more than one. Hiring managers will reach out to you once they have reviewed your application.
If you have employment questions or need assistance with the online application please call Human Resources at 530-452-7112 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org