Seeking a challenge course enthusiast who dreams of training world class staff and building courses!
Central to all areas in Southern California. Mountains, Deserts, Beaches, and Cities.
- Running Springs, California
- up to $72,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Oct 01, 2022)
Challenge Course Director
Pali is seeking a challenge course enthusiast who dreams of training world-class staff and building exceptional courses! Possesses the know-how and desire to keep our courses and staff the best they can be!
If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career where you can live and work in the mountains as a part of a team of people equally as excited and motivated to give kids and guests an experience they will never forget, then look no further!
This is a once-in-a-lifetime position where you will get the opportunity to train a large ropes staff, schedule and work with them daily, as well as increase the quality and scope of our 5 courses.
Of course, you will not be running all 5 courses at the same time, and you will not be completing the course construction and improvements single-handedly. You will be required to run a course during each activity period they are in operation and supervise, as well as building with Pali's facility staff when courses are not in operation.
This position is perfect for the person who has been the number two at a large course and has had their brilliant ideas and projects stifled from the top.
This position reports directly to the owner, whose life is built around fun and exciting once-in-a-lifetime experiences and is dying to turn our courses into something magical.
In your cover letter for this position, we would like to know why you feel that you are qualified to achieve the goals listed above as well as how you will make the Pali ropes experiences magical. (For example, will you add in scary music, smell-o-vision, blind leaps of faith, etc.)
Pali Mountain is hiring a Challenge Course Director. The primary responsibilities are to train, supervise and certify our exceptional staff at least 3x's per year. Build transformational elements on our 5 high ropes courses and low courses working with our facility maintenance team.
Pali currently has 30-40,000 guests on our ropes courses annually. The goal of this position will not only be to be handle the large volume of customers but to ensure the customers have an amazing time.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Must have at least six years of general challenge course experience, including training, program oversight and the ability to build and repair our ropes courses as required.
- Ongoing maintenance of our 5 challenge courses and zip lines year-round.
- Strong interpersonal and tactful communication skills.
- A positive leader with strong supervisory, judgment, and management skills.
- Understand and apply program policies and guidelines.
- Have initiative, be highly organized, and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible in working with various types of groups.
- Works with Outdoor Education, Camp and Retreat Directors to meet the challenge course/zipline needs of each company’s clients. Includes conducting all staff training, responsible for the scheduling of challenge courses and zipline staff and participants. Daily oversight of ropes staff and presence at ropes courses when elements are in operation.
- Run level 1 and level 2 trainings. Certifying qualifications at this level are required.
- Responsible for initial training, evaluation, and any ongoing training of all staff scheduled to work on the challenge course and/or zip lines.
- Responsible for the challenge course and leadership manual; updating and implementation.
- Willingness to continue personal training and knowledge growth.
- Maintain inventory and care of all program equipment.
- Responsible for upkeep of all equipment, periodic maintenance on courses when issues or concerns arise, and addressing related repairs and upgrades.
- Supervise staff when they perform tech checks.
- Perform bi-monthly in-house inspections.
- Schedule annual course inspections and Implementation of changes as required by findings from vendor inspections.
- Manage challenge course/zipline budget and purchase of equipment.
- Implement incident reporting process including reporting system and managing changes as needed.
- Oversee the "In-House Safety Committee" to suggest changes and address Pali Mountain safety concerns.
- Create and maintain risk management plans for all Pali Mountain activities.
- $72k salary. This is a year-round position with 2 weeks of paid vacation, paid holidays, as well as medical benefits, dental, vision and paid sick time. The schedule will vary to accommodate the program needs and calendar throughout the year.
- Education Assistance Program
- Matching Contribution Program
- Camper Benefit Program
- Pali Has Heart – Get Paid to Volunteer
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative