Come explore Southern California and the San Bernardino Mountains!
California mountain views, parks, trails, lakes, and within hours of many beautiful destinations.
- Running Springs, California
- $400.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Aug 15, 2022)
Why Join Pali Institute!
Are you an enthusiastic educator with a strong work ethic, over the age of 21? If so, working at Pali will give you the chance to join like-minded individuals instruct children in a variety of classes including Science, Outdoor Education, and Leadership Development. We are looking for instructors to teach new children each week, grades 4th-12th, you will have the chance to pass your love of the outdoors onto our next generation of students, while your gain valuable experience.
Instructors Role at Pali:
- Working with groups of students in groups from 10-30 children grades 4th-12th
- Safety of children while teaching outdoor education, science and leadership classes.
- Both co-teaching and solo teaching off a lesson plan.
- In-cabin overnight with 10-15 children 2-4 nights a week.
- Group management of cabin during down time including games of gaga ball, optional hikes and any other approved games the children would like to play in their free time.
Hours and Start Date:
- Full-time seasonal position
- Start Date: August 15, 2022
- Two End Dates Available
- December 16, 2022
- June 2, 2023 (Winter Break from December 16-January 2)
- Bonuses available for completion of 1 season and larger bonuses for completion of school year.
- Two End Dates Available
All Instructors Must:
- Be over the age of 21 before the season starts.
- Have prior experience working with children. (Preferably in grades 4th-12th.)
- Possess ability to work in a team environment with 100+ other staff.
- Be flexible and adjust to changes quickly.
- Have ability to handle concerns and issues in a constructive manner.
- Obtain First Aid/CPR certification prior to the start date.
- Work as both cabin instructors and field instructors.
Our Top Instructors Are:
- Experienced in the camping and/or experiential education fields.
- Able to have fun with kids, laugh at yourself and be silly!
- Passionate about Science, Outdoor Education and/or Leadership Development.
- Comfortable and confident teaching and instruction small and large groups of students.
- Willing to learn and grow through constructive feedback, in a timely manner.
Perks to the Job:
- Off-Site Housing accommodations included for out-of-cabin and off-hours use.
- Housing includes utilities, WiFi, and Netflix access.
- Pro Deals from companies like Prana, Black Dimond and more.
- Living in Southern California- Easy access to beaches, theme parks, national parks, and tons of local outdoor recreation.
- Private on-site Lounge for Instructors with cozy couches, internet access and Netflix.
- Hours here can count towards your educational degree teaching hours.
- $350 referral bonuses available.
- 50% off healthcare covered after 60 days.
- Working with awesome, like-minded people!!
Base Weekly Rate from $400-$450
- Pay dependent on education and experience
- $50 Bonus pay for each night in cabin on top of base weekly rate.
- Most instructors spend 2-4 nights in-cabin with students
Travel stipends available for anyone traveling from out of state, driving or flying. Restrictions apply.
Build a Future with Pali
- Trainings for Ropes Leads, and School Leads available your first season.
- These positions include a $10-$40 pay raise.
- Senior Instructor and Leadership positions available after completion of 1 Season.
- These positions include a $280-$325 pay raise.
Link to explore more about our program and position!
How to Apply
Please apply via the website link/online job application below. Thank you!