Come explore Southern California and the San Bernardino Mountains!
California mountain views, parks, trails, lakes, and within hours of many beautiful destinations.
- Running Springs, California
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 2 months. (Jan 02, 2022)
Are you an enthusiastic educator with a strong work ethic, over the age of 21? If so, working at Pali will give you the chance to join like-minded individuals instruct children in a variety of classes including Science, Outdoor Education, and Leadership Development. We are looking for Teaching new children each week, grades 4th-12th, you will have the chance to pass your love of the outdoors onto our next generation of students, while your gain valuable experience
Hours and Start Date:
- Full-time seasonal position.
- Season begins January 2nd, 2022
- Different length contracts available:
- January 2nd 2022 – June 3rd 2022 (1 season contract)
- January 2nd 2022 - December, 17th 2022 (End of Contract Bonus!)
Pali Instructors teach different students every week in a variety of classes within the disciplines of science, outdoor education, and leadership development. Pali strives to be an excellent educational supplement to classroom-based education and is proud to be a WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and AEE (Association for Experiential Education) accredited organization.
Our instructors teach activity groups during the day as well as take on the role of cabin instructor during meals and in the evenings. Our science curriculum covers a broad array of topics such as ecology, geology, biology, and physical sciences. We foster and encourage personal and social growth with the help of our team building sessions, low ropes course, five high ropes courses, and two zip lines. In addition to Leadership and Science curriculum, we also focus on Outdoor Education which includes hikes, LNT principles, and basic camping skills. Evening programming includes activities with a focus on science such as astronomy or night hikes as well as activities designed around the traditional camp experiences including dances, karaoke, and variety shows.
During cabin time, instructors can customize the students’ free time, gearing activities or relaxation time towards sharing personal passions like music or art, or adventuring out to play games during an exploratory hike. By the end of the week, our instructors can reflect on both the rewards of working with children and teaching in the outdoors.
All Instructors Must:
- Be over the age of 21 before the season starts.
- Have prior experience working with children. (Preferably in grades 4th-12th.)
- Possess ability to work in a team environment with 60+ other staff.
- Be flexible and adjust to changes quickly.
- Have ability to handle concerns and issues in a constructive manner.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Obtain First Aid/CPR certification prior to the start date.
- Work as both cabin instructors and field instructors.
Our Top Instructors Are:
- Experienced in the camping and/or experiential education fields.
- Able to have fun with kids, laugh at yourself and be silly!
- Passionate about Science, Outdoor Education and/or Leadership Development.
- Comfortable and confident teaching and instruction small and large groups of students.
- Willing to learn and grow through constructive feedback, in a timely manner.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Perks to the Job:
- Pro Deals
- 50% off healthcare covered after 90 days
- Living in Southern California
- Most weekends off
- Working with awesome, like-minded people
- Housing provided- All instructors are provided off-site housing accommodations for weekend and out of cabin use.
How to Apply
Please apply via the website link/online job application we do not take applications via email. Thank you!