Pacific Seafood in Warrenton, Oregon is hiring! No experience needed, Housing Available.
Warrenton on Oregon Coast - what esle needs to be said! We love the coast!
- Warrenton, Oregon
- $15.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Pacific Seafood - Warrenton is hiring Seafood Processors.
At Pacific Seafood, we do more than provide the world with the healthiest proteins on the planet. We cultivate a work environment that listens to our team members, nurtures potential, embraces diversity, and values innovative thinking. As a leader in the seafood industry, we know that the key to our success is based on the commitment to excellence displayed by our team members.
Performing production tasks while maintaining a high production pace in all areas of production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence, and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Inspect product for quality, grade, and sort by size.
- Pack product.
- Proper methods in all production areas.
- Maintain proper par levels as instructed.
- Communicate supply material levels.
- Maintain plant safety.
- Maintain and proper use of production equipment.
- Keep work area clean at all times.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Provide backup support for other duties as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with utilizing food processing equipment, sanitation, food safety, and/or the safe operation of forklifts and powered pallet jacks is preferred.
- Experience with radio frequency handheld scanners and quality control is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities Required
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- This job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here represent those that a team member must meet to perform this job's essential functions successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is:
- Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas using the spoken word. Those activities must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations sound.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker must have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the assigned work (i.e., custodial, food services, general laborer, etc.) or make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, inspection, etc.)
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is exposed to:
- Wet and/or humid conditions
- Extreme cold
- Loud noise level
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pacific Seafood – Warrenton is located along the beautiful Oregon Coast, in close proximity to many attractions. Astoria is just a few minutes from us – where you will find lots of small shops, restaurants, museums, as well as some really well known Breweries. Museums include the Columbia Maritime Museum, the Museum of Whimsy, Flavel House, and the Oregon Film museum. We have had some great movies filmed here also - including Goonies, Kindergarten Cop, and Free Willy to only mention a few. Seaside if about 20 minutes away and you can enjoy the hustle and bustle of a true beach town on the coast. Cannon Beach is just a few minutes past Seaside and there you will find the famous Haystack Rock and a cute little beach town much more laid back than Seaside. Want to stay close to Warrenton, you can enjoy a great bike ride out to Fort Stevens, check out the old shipwreck at Peter Iredale, or climb through some old military bunkers. Go wild and take hike up Saddle Mountain!! Downtown Warrenton you will find a grocery store, a few restaurants, and what could be a famous Taco Truck! In the business district of Warrenton, you can have all the shopping you need – Fred Meyer, Costco, Walmart, Dollar Tree, and fast food. Traveling around the area is easy and cheap! You can ride the local bus for only a $1 each way
Housing is provided! If you choose to utilize company housing during your employment you will be staying at an apartment complex within walking distance to the plant. The rate for housing will be $15 per day (work or no work). Food will be at your own expense, each apartment has its own kitchen with basic supplies to get you started. There is also a washer and dryer unit in each apartment. Couples are able to house together in a room (on a limited basis), as each apartment will house 4 people. 2 people per bedroom.
We don’t want any surprise for people when they come. We do not work 16 hour shifts. We do not guarantee hours. Production levels vary by market, weather and many other factors. There will be days that you do not have work, as a company we attempt to keep this at a minimum.
Learn a little more about us @ https://pacific-seafood-offerings-benefits.mailchimpsites.com/