Work passionately on behalf of the finest hiking and equestrian trail in the western United States.
High Sierra, Sequoia & Kings Canyon and Yosemite National Parks
- southwestern side of the Sierra Nevada, California
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (Jan 01, 2019)
The Pacific Crest Trail Association, headquartered in Sacramento, California, is dedicated to protecting, preserving and promoting the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail. The following staff position is currently open:
Regional Representative for the Southern Sierra Region
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Conserve and manage the landscapes and resources that make up the PCT experience
- Work with a wide variety of agency partners and volunteer organizations to protect and enhance the Pacific Crest Trail experience
- Develop and grow effective volunteer programs and partnerships
The Regional Representative, a full-time staff position, is responsible for trail and land management and protection in the PCTA’s Southern Sierra region in collaboration with agency and nonprofit partners. Duty station is yet to be determined but will be located on the southwestern side of the Sierra Nevada. Duties and compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, 11 paid holidays, paid vacation, and paid sick leave. After one year of employment, the employee is eligible for the 401k plan.
We are seeking applicants with:
- A bachelor’s degree in natural resources, recreation, planning or related field or commensurate experience
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience
- Experience building relationships and work collaboratively with land agencies and volunteers
- Experience analyzing and responding to land management planning processes
- Strong organization, writing and speaking skills
- Self-motivated professional performance
- Knowledge of the PCT, National Trails System, and visitor use management
- Trail design, construction and maintenance skills with volunteers and corps crews
Please do not apply for this position without minimum qualifications requested.
Additional information on this position and Pacific Crest Trail Association is available at www.pcta.org. For questions, contact Jennifer at (916) 285-1853.
Pacific Crest Trail Association is an Equal Opportunity Provider.
How to Apply
Apply by October 22, 2018. E-mail resume, letter of interest detailing applicable qualifications and why you are seeking this position to Jennifer Tripp at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Regional Representative” in the subject line. Please include your name in each document (i.e. “jsmith resume,” “jsmith references”).