Off-Grid Community Seeks Skilled Maintenance Person to Maintain Farm & Retreat Infrastructure
Nestled in the redwoods 1 mile from the Pacific Coast near vibrant small towns
- Point Arena, California
- $20,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Oz Farm seeks a full time, residential Maintenance person for our off-grid & solar operations. This position is for someone who enjoys living communally on the land.
The Maintenance person is responsible for general upkeep, infrastructure projects, and preventative maintenance on Oz infrastructure, solar power, water systems and machinery. Refer to the job description for more detailed information on necessary skills and primary roles.
- The compensation of this position is commensurate with experience
- 3 days paid sick leave and 2 weeks vacation in the slow season.
- Housing: On-Site private cabin with kitchen
- Oz provides bulk staple foods and produce from the farm
- Staff can participate in Oz Farm courses and events free of charge and use the Oz farm facilities
Responsibility of Community Member
We are looking for someone who enjoys living communally, working closely and making decisions with others, and is a thoughtful communicator. The nature of living and working together is unique; a strong sense of self awareness, boundaries & needs, and the ability to communicate respectfully is important.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Abide by all Oz Farm Policies & Protocol
- Participate in cooking rotation
- Respect & care for communal spaces
- Maintain kindness, communication, and care for other community members
Please refer to ozfarm.com for background on Oz Farm and our programs.
How to Apply
We are accepting applications until the position is filled, start date as soon as possible.
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and list of current references to email@example.com with the subject “Maintenance Position.” Please tell us a bit about yourself and why you want to join the Oz Farm Community.