Help create traditional Tibetan Buddhist symbols and art in metal and clay.
Sonoma County, Northern California coast, 100 miles north of San Francisco
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
CONSTRUCTION AND METALWORK in the Buddhist tradition.
Resident volunteers needed for metalwork and construction. Please have experience with working with tools and machines. Help us renovate an outdoor Buddhist pavilion to become a small temple. Participate in finishing the most extensive known installation of Buddhist art and sacred symbols surrounding the Main Temple of Odiyan.
Includes room and board, stipend, learning new skills and contributing your own, opportunities to participate in meditation, mantra and fundamental Buddhist practices.
- Free home-cooked vegetarian meals and beverages
- Free housing in a large room with a balcony, one roommate.
- Free WI-FI and domestic phone calls
- Free skill training in a wide range of trades and traditional arts
- Access to a healthy setting of nature, hiking trails, swimming, wide-open spaces, sacred beauty, fresh air, clean water, and nutritious food
- Living allowance of $150 per month, $216 per month after one year
You will also learn: how to cook vegetarian meals, clean and landscape around the Temples, work in the vegetable gardens, care for the animals, general maintenance of equipment, machines, temples, and living facilities. At Odiyan we take care of everything!
- Some experience working with tools or small machines, eager and able to learn use of power tools and techniques.
- Some experience in any of these fields: woodwork, metalwork, construction, electric and plumbing, HVAC, landscaping, farming, painting, concrete, stonework.
- Physically strong, able to do manual work for hours each day, including repeated lifting, bending, kneeling, and using power tools
- Minimum commitment of six months.
If you have a passion for the physically active lifestyle, self-knowledge and giving to a higher vision, Odiyan may be the place for you! The community life, education, and ongoing work projects benefit both yourself and all humanity.
For a more 'inside' view of Odiyan see our photos on Facebook: OdiyanBuddhistRetreatCenter
Follow us on Instagram for great stories! https://www.instagram.com/odiyan_mandala/