Meaningful work, Wholesome living and the Development of mind and spirit.
California coast, 100 miles north of San Francisco
- Odiyan Buddhist Retreat Center, California
- Some experience required
This is a live-work-study opportunity for people with a passion for the physically active lifestyle, self knowledge and giving to a greater vision.
Living and working at Odiyan Retreat Center is a challenging live-work retreat lifestyle that integrates work with a path of self-knowledge. The community life, classes and on-going work projects are directed to the benefit of yourself and all humanity.
We are looking for someone who can start by the end of August, 2017 or beginning of September at the latest.
- Free home-cooked vegetarian meals and beverages
- Free housing in large room with balcony
- Free WI-FI and domestic phone calls
- A living allowance of $150 per month
- Free skill training in a wide range of trades and traditional arts
- Access to healthy setting of nature, hiking trails, swimming, wide-open spaces, sacred beauty, fresh air, clean water, and nutritious food
- Free Classes on Development of Mind & Spirit: Tibetan yoga, Skillful Means, Buddhist study and more.
About: Founded in 1975 by Venerable Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche, Odiyan Retreat Center is located on a 1000-acre spiritual and ecological preserve in rural Northern California, north of San Francisco. Unlike most Buddhist centers, Odiyan is open to people who want to live and work with us for at least six months. Odiyan is not open to the paying public.
- Minimum age of 24 years old
- Physically able to engage manual work for hours a day
- Minimum commitment is six months, with preference to those qualified and able to commit to at least 9 months.
- Couples welcome to apply.
- We cannot accept children or animal companions.
- We are a smoke and drug free community.
You do not need to be Buddhist although an interest in Buddhism is preferred. We are seeking people who are seriously interested in the challenge of self- examination and have the maturity to acknowledge weaknesses and celebrate strengths in yourself and others.
You need to be eager for a vigorous, active, wholesome lifestyle of self-sufficiency, meaningful work, inner development, and taking responsibility.
For a more 'inside' view of Odiyan see us on Facebook: OdiyanBuddhistRetreatCenter.
How to Apply
To get started on the application process, email us your resume, a short statement about why this opportunity interests you and clear photo of yourself. If you have any questions or just want to chat about living and working at Odiyan, don't hesitate to call us!