Upscale Restaurant Manager wanted to Work & Play in The Florida Keys!
- year round
- North Key Largo, Florida
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
This position must assure the most efficient operation of their assigned outlet, offering superb service to our members and guests, through leadership, advance planning, and good coordination and cooperation with overlapping departments. Be available to work any and all shifts and to perform other duties as requested per the direction of your immediate supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that the restaurant is run in an efficient manner, that proper and friendly service is offered at all times and the physical plant is kept in the best possible condition.
- To ensure that staff's physical appearance and their uniforms are to standard.
- To train, supervise and motivate the entire staff at all times according to our standards of service, quality, and cleanliness.
- To implement "the Steps of Service" as outlined in the training manual and assure that all team members have a solid food and beverage product knowledge
- To ensure that channels of communication are always open by conducting effective line-ups on a daily basis, a formal monthly communications meeting that is effective and focused, and keeping immediate supervisor informed of relevant operational changes and member feedback
- To achieve and exceed departmental sales and profit goals as specified in the approved budget.
- To accurately forecast sales and covers, adhere to staffing guidelines; establish and maintain the proper financial relationship between forecasted revenues and projected labor costs
- To ensure that payroll management is done efficiently through staffing and daily time edits
- To maintain a logbook and other records as directed to provide historical data as to cover counts, sales in all revenue categories, specials, weather, events and payroll expenses
- To assure proper ordering for all daily food and beverage requirements, maintaining par stocks
- To continuously supervise all delegated duties and ensure completion in a timely fashion
- Through leadership, maximize the skill set of fellow management staff, host/hostess, supervisors, and fellow associates to increase overall job satisfaction and productivity
- Develop associates to their maximum potential for possible advancement. Establish short- and long-term goals, potential career paths, and facilitate continued training and education programs to reduce turnover ratios and increase retention for the Club.
- Assist with the development of the food and beverage budget by preparing an improvement plan that addresses growing revenues, cost-saving recommendations, new ideas, and trends, etc.
- To conduct "coach and counsel" sessions fairly and disciplinary action in a consistent manner in conjunction with human resources to ensure that club policy is followed.
- To maintain a favorable working relationship with other departments and associates to foster a team-orientated workplace and project and uphold a professional environment at all times.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive service and product knowledge of food and its preparation.
- Extensive product knowledge of wines and spirits and their storage.
- System-oriented management skills required for Micros Point of Sale, FoodTrak, and Data Pro ordering systems.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma required. Hotel/Restaurant degree preferred and/or minimum 5 years supervisory experience in an upscale dining environment.