Live and work at a beautiful Buddhist Retreat Center in Northern California!
Redwoods, hills and meadows, prayer flags, star-studded night sky!
- year round
- Cazadero, California
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
If variety is the spice of life to you, you will love being part of our Retreat Support volunteer team! We are looking for energetic, flexible people with an interest in self-development, and exploring work as a means to cultivate understanding. This is a full-time residential volunteer opportunity with a minimum six-month commitment.
All team members carry out active retreat tasks Friday-Sunday. The rest of the week, team members share office duties: registration, answering the phone, managing the retreat reservation system, and updating the website and social media with blog posts and retreat news, according to their skills. They also help with landscaping, with the organic vegetable garden, and with various projects.
Along with volunteers of Dharma Publishing and Yeshe De Text Preservation Project, Ratna Ling Retreat Center volunteers participate in weekly land or cleaning activities such as gardening, grounds-keeping, landscaping or kitchen deep-cleaning. Each volunteer is assigned meal clean-up duties 2-3 times a week.
The work week is rigorous-6 days a week, and rewarding!
- Prepare and set up Breakfast Buffet; clear and clean up
- Set up buffet for all meals
- Set up and maintain beverage counter
- Guest services
- Play an active role in team meetings
- Registration of retreat guests
- Updating the retreat reservation systems
- Answering phone
- Greeting guests
- Preparing forms
- Retreat follow up
- For those with pertinent skills, social media marketing; updating the website blog
- Help with garden, landscaping and other projects
Although experience is not required, basic computer skills are essential; knowledge of landscaping and gardening are helpful.
All volunteers and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID before arrival.
As a volunteer in our work-study program, you will receive:
- Free housing
- Free laundry facilities, WIFI, domestic phone calls
- Free vegetarian meals, tea and coffee
- Free classes are available on site and online from our sister organizations in a variety of Buddhist and self-development studies-topics and schedule vary
- $200 monthly living allowance
- Opportunity to learn about and engage in Buddhist community's ceremonies, celebrations and practices
- Morning meditation (optional)
- Living in a spectacular setting in the midst of the redwoods, wide, open spaces, and more stars at night than you can count!
- Close to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean
- An environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued
- The support of a caring community
How to Apply
Click Apply Now to download an application, or to learn more about volunteering at Ratna Ling. Or go to Contact Us to ask questions, request an emailed application, share your aspirations, and to submit a resume right away.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note: We are a vaccinated community. All resident volunteers and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid before arrival.