Live and work at rural Buddhist center - help preserve Buddhist teachings making Buddhist books!
Forested hills, redwoods, gardens, prayer flags, Buddhist sacred art everywhere!
- year round
- Cazadero, California
- $200.00 / month
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
We are looking for high energy people to produce collections of ancient and sacred Tibetan Buddhist texts. Our work is centered around our book bindery which houses bookbinding equipment and printing presses. The work is physically challenging and emotionally rewarding.
Our mission is to give back to the Tibetans in exile in Asia, and to restock sacred libraries across India and Asia. For over 30 years, our Tibetan Book Preservation Project dedicates itself to finding and reproducing these treasures to give back for free!
To learn more, watch the video.
Our work is much more than "just work". We follow careful guidance from our cornerstone text for working experience: Skillful Means. Our work not only produces beautiful texts for the Tibetan Community, but beautiful inner results. This is a job that cultivates inner growth of our potential as we engage the workplace daily.
No experience or special skills are required, but mechanical aptitude is a plus.
What you will receive:
- Free Housing
- Free Vegetarian meals
- Free laundry, WiFi, and domestic phone calls
- Free classes in a variety of Buddhist and related studies (subjects and schedules vary)
- Monthly Living allowance of $200.00 per month
- An environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued
- A setting of natural beauty, clean, fresh air, wide, open spaces, close to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean
- Morning meditation (optional)
- The support of a caring community that encourages building meaningful interpersonal relationships
What you can expect:
- Boxing sets of texts to be shipped
- Wrapping sacred texts in ornamental cloth
- On-the job-training in operating binding equipment
- Exploring yourself in deeper ways than "working"
- Participating in weekly community activities-gardening, landscaping, kitchen work
We are seeking people who have a sincere interest in Buddhism and exploring work as a path to inner freedom. Our weekly schedule is rigorous (6 days a week) and rewarding!
Located in the coastal redwoods of Northern California, three hours north of San Francisco.
How to Apply
To apply or find out more information about volunteering at Ratna Ling, click APPLY NOW. Or send a resume and photo right away to email@example.com for immediate consideration, and your application later.
Please note: We are a vaccinated community. All resident volunteers and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid before arrival.