Live and work in a Buddhist Center. Help preserve Tibet's culture.
In the beautiful coastal redwoods of northern California
- Ratna Ling Retreat Center, Cazadero, California
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (May 26, 2019)
Live and work with like-minded people dedicated to developing a spiritual path while making a tangible contribution to Buddhism. Join our all-volunteer book bindery crew. Make Tibetan Buddhist books that are given away for free to Tibetan Buddhist centers and communities throughout Asia. You will be helping to preserve ancient enlightened knowledge for all humanity.
- Free Housing and vegetarian meals
- Monthly living allowance of $150 per month
- Free variety of Buddhist studies
- Free instruction and participation in Buddhist ceremonies and practices
- Free laundry, Wi-Fi, and domestic phone calls
- Access to wide-open spaces, natural beauty of the northern California Redwoods and close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean
Our weekly schedule is rigorous and fulfilling. Our work and practice curriculum is founded on the principles of “Skillful Means". We work with applied methods of Buddhist philosophy to develop new and creative ways to approach our working lives.
- A volunteer spirit with enthusiasm for humanitarian efforts
- Comfortable in our open warehouse with bindery machinery, forklifts and other machinery needed to make books.
- Willingness to develop an open and joyous attitude towards work
- We will train you in everything you need to know about the bookbinding process!
- Team-based assembly line loading books on/off conveyor belts
- Maintaining organization and cleanliness of the bindery
- Maintaining quality standards for all production materials
- Packaging production materials for storage and shipping
- On-site training in the operation/maintenance of bindery machines
If this sounds like a great fit for you, apply now! Limited space available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and statement of interest (and a photo, if you like).
See our webpage to find out more.
Or call us (510) 845-1710 We would love to talk to YOU!
How to Apply
We appreciate you sending your resume, photo (if you like) and brief statement about why this opportunity interests you. We'll get back to you right away with more details and a copy of the application. And don't hesitate to call us if you just want to talk about our project and living and working at Ratna Ling!