Live in a Buddhist center. Help make Buddhist texts to send to education centers in Asia.
In the beautiful coastal redwoods of northern California
- Ratna Ling Retreat Center, Cazadero, California
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (Jun 01, 2019)
Seeking high energy people for Buddhist book production for 3-6 months at beautiful Ratna Ling Buddhist Retreat Center in the redwoods of northern CA. We are making collections of ancient and sacred texts to re-populate monastic libraries across India and Asia. Our work is centered around our book bindery which houses high-end bookbinding equipment and printing presses.
Our mission is to give back to the Tibetan Community in exile and re-stock their libraries with precious Buddhist teachings.
Our work is much more than "just work". We try to follow careful guidance from one of our cornerstone texts for our working experience Skillful means. The work we do is not only meant to produce beautiful texts for the Tibetan Community but also produce beautiful inner results within our experience working with the books themselves. This is a job that produces ancient treasures to promote clarity, confidence, and inner peace. This is also a job that cultivates those ideals within ourselves as we engage the workplace daily.
What you can expect:
- Boxing sets of texts to be shipped
- wrapping sacred texts in ornamental cloth
- working around/learning to operate binding equipment
- sacred prints regularly visible to inspire constructive inquiry
- encouragement to explore yourself in deeper ways than "working"
You will receive:
- Housing in modern cabins with a private bath, outdoor deck, gas fireplace. 2-3 people per cabin.
- Free laundry facilities, WI-FI, and domestic phone calls.
- Vegetarian meals (prepare your own breakfast), tea and coffee.
- Monthly living allowance of $150 per month.
- Opportunity to engage in an environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued.
- Clean, fresh air, wide open spaces, natural beauty, close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean.
- Morning Meditation (optional) and study of Skillful Means.
We are seeking people who have a sincere interest in Buddhism and exploring work as a path to inner freedom. Our weekly schedule is rigorous (6 days a week) and rewarding!
View additional details here: http://volunteer.ratnaling.org/yeshe-de-text-preservation-project-2/
How to Apply
Please send resume and photo to receive application via email email@example.com