This winter, make your job EPIC!
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, California has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.”
Northstar California Resort combines California cool with high-end luxury, on-mountain exhilaration with a sophisticated alpine village atmosphere. Northstar offers 3,170 skiable acres, 100 trails and has one of the largest snowmaking machines in N. Lake Tahoe.
About Northstar California
From a self-titled "Timber Farm" to one of the finest year-round mountain resorts in North America, the resort is now proud to be called home to North Lake Tahoe’s largest snowmaking system, seven award-winning terrain parks and superpipe, a base area village offering 35 specialty shops and restaurants. With all of this here there are all types of positions available!
Making a Difference
Everything we do at Vail Resorts is driven by the spectacular natural environments where our employees, guests and communities live, work and play. In the summer of 2017, Vail Resorts announced its Commitment to Zero - zero net emissions, zero waste to landfill, and zero net operating impact to forests and habitat - all by 2030. Learn more here.
The Employee Experience
An office you can brag about! Work and play where other's vacation! Time to obtain your Experience of a Lifetime!
Northstar California Resort combines California cool with high-end luxury, on-mountain exhilaration with a sophisticated alpine village atmosphere. Halfway between one of North America's coolest mountain towns and one of the world's most beautiful alpine lakes, Northstar is a destination on the rise
our Commitment to safety
To further prioritize the health and safety of our employees and guests in response to COVID-19, we have re imagined the resort experience for the summer and winter seasons. Our approach to safety will be consistent across our family of resorts to provide you with a familiar and comfortable experience regardless of where you decide to start your Experience of a Lifetime. Click here to learn more.
Employee PROTOCOLS & training
- All employees are required to wear a face covering and follow the company’s safety protocols and procedures at all times, including regular hand washing and the use of Personal Protective Equipment and Personal Protective Gear.
- Employees will receive COVID-19 protocol training from your department leaders and local Health & Safety on your first day.
- Employees will undergo daily health screenings and receive appropriate training to ensure safety.
- Employees are required to stay at home if sick.
- Employees who are off work and engaged in recreational activities on our resorts are expected to follow our requirements for masks, physical distancing, and sanitizing protocols
You’re someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. We want you on our team!
Room and Board
There is plenty of housing available around the Truckee/Tahoe region for Northstar California employees. Each participant must come prepared to research and find their own housing upon arrival. Please refer to the resources provided below.
Recommended Areas to Live that are near Public Transportation
- Sawmill Heights – Located at Northstar – 1 mile from the Village/mountain
- Kings Beach, CA – 6 miles from Northstar
- Truckee, CA – 6 miles from Northstar
- Incline Village, NV – 11 miles from Northstar
- Tahoe Vista – 7.5 miles from Northstar
DOING WHAT YOU LOVE COMES WITH GREAT BENEFITS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY:
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Daily $5 employee meal in addition to other food & beverage discounts
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits plans (full-time positions) after achieving 750 hours with the company
- 401(k) retirement plan employer contribution after achieving 750 hours with the company
- Access to our employee assistance program giving you 6 free face-to-face counseling sessions per issue, per year
- Training and professional development
- BIG Gear discounts with our retail partners such as Helly Hansen, GoPro and many more!
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
Northstar California Resort combines California cool with high-end luxury, on-mountain exhilaration with a sophisticated alpine village atmosphere. Halfway between one of North America's coolest mountain towns and one of the world's most beautiful alpine lakes, Northstar is a destination on the rise, having poured nearly a billion dollars into creating Lake Tahoe's premier luxury snowsports experience.
Upscale shops, refined dining and Lake Tahoe's only five-star slopeside lodging is married to impeccable grooming, a Cross Country Center, incredible tree skiing and enough variety + world-class terrain parks to challenge every level of skier/rider. Those who come to Northstar know what they're looking for. Sometimes it's for adventure, sometimes it's to learn, sometimes it's to relax in a welcoming place with family and friends. No matter what that experience is, they'll find it to be exactly the way it should be.
How to Apply
Jobs can be applied for online. For more information, call: 866-681-5455