Do you want to make a meaningful difference in children's lives and have fun where you work?
Located on 97 scenic acres in Elk Neck State Park in Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay.
- North East, Maryland
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in children's lives and have fun where you work? How would you like to be challenged in a new way that promotes personal and professional growth?
NorthBay’s mission is to challenge people through transformative educational experiences to realize their attitudes and actions have a lasting impact on their lives, communities, and the environment. Imagine working in a beautiful outdoor setting on the Chesapeake Bay, building lasting relationships with an incredible team of educators and providing transformative experiences for kids.
As an Educator at NorthBay, you are responsible for teaching middle school students environmental and character education during their residential field trip. You will learn student engagement, group management, social-emotional learning, behavior strategies, environmental content, time management, and best teaching practices. You will also learn how to partner with teachers and parents, find your own teaching style, and care for native wildlife. If you want to transform lives and inspire action, then NorthBay Education is the place for you!
NorthBay Education is a non-profit organization providing large-scale, innovative education programs to public school students. Headquartered in North East Maryland, NorthBay is the largest program of its kind, serving middle school students from Maryland and surrounding states with the goal of transforming lives and inspiring action by fundamentally changing the way students experience and engage in education.
NorthBay is seeking full-time Educators within the Education Department to work with 6th-grade students in weekly residential learning experiences at the NorthBay campus, focused on social-emotional learning themes through learning about how our choices affect ourselves, the environment and our community. Educators are responsible for the learning and safety of a group of students on a weekly basis.
NorthBay is looking for highly motivated, independent workers with a willingness and ability to learn new materials and adapt quickly to changing environments/needs. Successful candidates should have an education background and should demonstrate a sincere aspiration to positively affect students’ lives. Bilingual (Spanish) candidates are preferred.
- Working towards Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in outdoor education, environmental or natural science, education, art, social studies language arts, or related fields preferred.
- Teaching or other youth program experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written. Must be an excellent communicator.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
Low-Cost On-campus housing is available.
BENEFITS OF BEING A NORTHBAY EDUCATOR:
- Scheduled planning time every day
- You don’t take work home with you
- No standardized tests to teach to
- Autonomy within the curriculum
- Opportunity to reach many students; residential programming/school classes change weekly
- Beautiful outdoor campus
- Health benefits: medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, term life, short-term disability optional
- Free meals while on shift (most breakfasts and lunches)
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Up to $4000 annual tuition assistance
- Employee discounts