Housekeeping on the North Shore of Lake Superior!
Amazing, historical resort on North Shore of Lake Superior
- Lutsen, Minnesota
- $15.00 - $15.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant/Resort Attendant
Lutsen Resort is Minnesota’s first and oldest resort and has been in continuous operation since 1885. Lutsen has been showcasing its picturesque location on the North Shore of Lake Superior for 135 years. Our resort features a private stone beach complete with red Adirondack chairs for viewing the lake that matches our historic red Scandinavian lodge designed by renowned architect Edwin Lundie. Exploring the grounds of Lutsen Resort also includes viewing the waterfalls of the Poplar River from our famous red-covered bridges. The resort features a fine dining restaurant, a second casual pub, wedding and event facilities, spa, and golf course complimented by 165 lodging units sleeping over 750 guests per night making it one of 2 of the largest resorts on the North Shore both owned by North Shore Resort Company which prides itself of being family owned and operated.
Position Mission: To excel in an environment where the guest comes first and all aspects of the job are done in a professional manner with the focus on providing impeccable cleanliness standards throughout the resort adding to a 5-star guest experience at all times.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing rooms & suites for guest arrival
- Daily turn-down service for in-house guests
- Attending to guest rooms & suites after departure
- Quality laundering of all linens
- Preparing all linens for “in room ready” status (perfectly folded and pressed)
- Attending to the overall cleanliness of the entire resort (common areas and grounds)
- This position reports directly to the Director of Housekeeping and management designees of the Housekeeping Department
Required Skills and Attributes:
The successful candidate will show traits of a strong work ethic and have a sincere interest in the hospitality industry, and most importantly, have a desire to be in this industry to create great guest experiences.
Required attributes of a successful hospitality employee:
· Enthusiastic personality
· Friendly voice
· Contagious smile
· Well groomed & excellent hygiene
· Excellent communication skills
· Empathetic & understanding
· Excellent problem solving