Picture yourself cooking farm to table food in "America's Alps" - $2,000 Recruitment Incentive Bonus
The Learning Center is on the edge of Diablo Lake in the heart of the North Cascades National Park.
- $18.00 - $19.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Summary of Position
North Cascades Institute seeks a qualified, enthusiastic professional cook to join our Kitchen Team. Based out of the Institute’s field campus in North Cascades National Park, this position supports food services at the North Cascades Environmental Learning Center, which serves up to 80 children and/or adults per day on a seven-day-a-week schedule. This position works closely with many Institute staff, partners and contractors to support a wide array of educational programs. This includes the Foodshed Project, the Institute’s initiative to incorporate local, organic products in the operation of the Learning Center.
- Enthusiasm for and experience with “Foodshed” principals and the “Slow Food” movement.
- One year or more professional food service experience.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks with exemplary time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to give and receive direction in a way that models respect.
- Ability to comply with a smoke- and drug-free work environment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds consistently.
- Final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that may include employment history, national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and a driving history check.
- Previous food service experience at other residential learning centers, camps, schools or similar facilities.
- Professional food service experience in an institutional setting, preparing diverse, health conscious meals for children and adult groups, including foods that incorporate fresh, local and/or organic ingredients.
This is a regular, full-time (32-40 hours per week), non-exempt position subject to a winter furlough (unpaid) of one month. Wage is $18.00-19.00 per hour, DOE. The North Cascades Institute is pleased to offer Sign On and Season Completion Bonuses to new employees in certain positions. In this Cook position, an employee who successfully works for one month of employment from their start date will be eligible for a $500 Sign On Bonus. If the employee works until the end of Fall 2023 programming on December 15, 2023, they will be eligible for a $1500 Season Completion Bonus.
We offer a competitive compensation package: benefits include paid time off, holiday pay, health insurance, long and short-term disability and life insurance, tax deferred annuity and contribution retirement plan, and a yearly stipend to participate in Institute programs. Rental housing may be available. Pets and smoking are not allowed in housing, during programs, or on the Institute’s campus.
As soon as possible
How to Apply
Application Deadline: This position will remain open until filled.
To Apply: Complete the online application and upload a cover letter and resume via the link below.