Lead Bacountry Adventures in the NoCo Rockies!
Beautiful and Remote Ridge-Top Camp in Red Feather Lakes
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- $75.00 / day
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Jul 16, 2018)
Trip Leaders must be 21 years old with current Wilderness First Aid or higher medical training, and have experience working with kids in an outdoor leadership position. Experience with belay, high and low ropes course facilitation, backcountry camping, water sports and strong outdoor skills with advanced medical certifications (WFR or WEMT) strongly preferred. Available approximately Mid July through second week of August. Opportunities for further employment may be available if you are looking to start sooner or extend your season.
No Barriers Adventure Trips are…
NOT just outdoor trips, they are youth development programs. We utilize outdoor adventure as a vehicle for promoting leadership skills, building confidence, promoting pro-social interactions. We encourage the kids participating in our program to believe that they are amongst the coolest, most appreciated, dynamic and capable individuals on the planet. We want our participants to realize what is within them is stronger than what’s in their way.
We are a quickly growing, fast paced non-profit with a casual work environment filled with high expectations and unparalleled dedication to fulfill our mission to unleash the potential of the human spirit.
We are passionate about the work we do and all wear many hats, have blurred lines between roles, value thinking big while keeping our feet grounded, crack a lot of jokes, clean our share of toilets, pack food (not at the same time as the toilets), comfort parents and homesick kids and get lost in details of logistics and risk management and staff training and paperwork and, and, and..
Our Adventure Trip Leaders will…
● Create a physically and emotionally safe environment in which you are directly responsible for your participants at all times. This responsibility begins upon the arrival of your first participant and ends when the last participant has been turned over to their parents.
● Implement No Barriers Life curriculum which empowers participants to overcome personal struggles.
● Teach outdoor skills relevant to the itinerary with your own style, flair and awesomeness.
● Assume responsibility for leadership and guidance to those participants in daily living skills, with special attention to:
o ~Personal hygiene, safety & manners
o ~Personal interactions and respect of others
o ~Participation in all camp activities
o ~Personal growth, self-confidence and independence through group living
● Maintain a positive attitude while serving as a good role model to participants in personal language, appearance, manners
and healthy habits.
● Puts participant needs before their own, making each participant feel like the most important child in the world
● Other duties as needed.
If all this appeals to you, we imagine your friends make fun of you and think you’re nuts, but you’ll fit in fine
Course dates for this summer are as follows:
Paperwork, Orientation and Trip Prep: sometime the week of July 16
Survival School: July 21-31
BBCr: Aug 5-12
Additional programs can be added to make make a full summer season of work if interested
How to Apply
Please fill out the application by clicking APPLY NOW and be prepared to attach a resume and cover letter.