Wanted: Cook for working cattle & guest ranch in NE Wyoming
near Devils Tower in the beautiful Black Hills
- Hulett, Wyoming
- $2,250.00 / month + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Jul 01, 2018)
We are a family-owned and -operated working cattle & guest ranch in the beautiful Black Hills of NE Wyoming.
We are looking for a cook from now to mid-October.
Monthly wage $2,250 plus some tips, room and board (for single person), workers compensation insurance.
Own cabin (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining/living room, washer/dryer), may have to be shared temporarily. Utilities included.
Applicants don’t have to be a professional cook but should have experience with cooking for larger groups.
Your duties would include:
- Prepare and serve breakfast for up to 15 guests (average is 10)
- Prepare packed lunches for up to 15 guests (average is 10)
- Prepare and serve supper for 10 to 20 guests and staff together
- Meals are ranch-style and served buffet-style
- 6 days a week, Saturdays off
- Working hours from about 6.30 am to 10.30 am and 5 pm to 9 pm
- Clean kitchen area
- Organize supplies, write shopping lists
- Needs to be honest, reliable, flexible, clean, well organized and a team player
- Good communications skills required since there is some interaction with guests
Participation in ranch activities optional. Riding possible. You will be part of a small team (ranch owners, ranch hand, wranglers, housekeeper, and you).
Non-smokers preferred. Responsible use - if any - of alcohol!
The ranch is 18 miles away from Hulett. Applicants should have a valid drivers license, clean driving record and need their own vehicle. No cell phone reception on the ranch but landline phone and WiFi available.
More information at www.thenewhavenranch.com
Our webpage is in the process of being updated. We also have a Facebook page with recent photos.
How to Apply
Contact us by phone, email or mail. Resume and work references are required.