Relocate to Beautiful New England!
Work at one of 12 centers throughout the Northeast
- Northeast USA, Massachusetts
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Sep 06, 2019)
Are you looking for an experience that is more than just a job? Nature’s Classroom could be the life-changing opportunity you’re looking for. All academic disciplines are welcome and no formal teaching experience or certification is required.
We are seeking individuals to serve as teachers in 5-day residential programs emphasizing discovery, learning, and community awareness. Nature’s Classroom teachers work on a 1:12 ratio with students group ranging from 3rd-8th grade. Our teachers develop and present classes and activities in a variety of subjects.
Room and board is provided seven days a week for the length of contract. Unfortunately, no pets are allowed.
Fall semester runs from early September to late November, spring semester runs from Late February to early-June (exact dates vary by facility).
Nature's Classroom operates out of 12 sites:
- Massachusetts: Charlton, Becket, Groton
- Connecticut: Ivoryton, Andover, Colebrook, Lakeside
- New Hampshire: Hancock
- Maine: Ocean Park
- Rhode Island: Wakefield
- New York: Silver Bay
Responsibilities and Duties
- Group leader and teacher in the 5-day seasonal residential program
- Develop and present classes in a variety of academic areas
- Special projects and light maintenance of the facility
- Evening activities and mealtime duties
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong commitment to educate children
- Special skills (music, singing, storytelling) helpful
- Energetic, dedicated & able to become involved in all aspects of the program
- Experience working with children desire
- $250 to $400 per week based on education and experience
- Room and board 7 days a week
- The opportunity to educate in an informal setting at a 1 to 12 ratio
- A supportive organization that is willing to help you develop professionally
- Freedom to explore new areas for classes and programs
- No weekend duties
- Room for career advancement