Go ahead and figure out your job for the 2024 season!
work and live by the Nantahala River! Kayaking, Biking, Rafting, Fishing, etc.
- year round
- North Carolina
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Apr 15, 2024)
For 52 years NOC has led the outdoor industry, taking more guests whitewater rafting and teaching more paddlers than any other outdoor recreation company. NOC also provides top-quality aerial and trail-based adventures, wilderness medicine as well as unmatched retail service, foodservice, lodging, and trip planning services. NOC career opportunities offer a rare combination of work in beautiful locations, a chance to grow skills and to share a passion for active outdoor recreation.
River’s End Restaurant is an iconic spot for locals and visitors to Bryson City and is open year-round. Enjoy spectacular views of the gorge, with paddlers passing through as they complete their Nantahala River Rafting trip. Stop in for breakfast on select days, year-round lunch, and dinner, and choose from a wide range of appetizing entrees, burgers, salads, pizza, and sandwiches. Hang out and enjoy a large selection of signature cocktails, wine, and beer, including local favorites.
THIS POSITION WILL START BETWEEN APRIL 15 AND MAY 17, 2024
- Preparing menu items and specials in a fast-paced environment
- Ensuring that ingredients and food preparation are consistent with guest special needs and/or requests
- Upholding and arranging food on the line as well as back-ups
- Maintaining organization and cleanliness of the kitchen
- Maintaining food quality and consistency
- Supporting teammates and assisting other members of the Food and Beverage team as needed
- Support work like dishwashing may be necessary at times.
- Counter service required for Big Wesser Riverside Pub
Applicants for a cook position at NOC should have a strong understanding of the following:
- Safe food handling,
- Health code standards
- Restaurant cleanliness.
- Applicants must function as a team player.
- take direction and work independently.
- They must have a thorough understanding of the flow of restaurant operations.
- Comfortable working on their feet for as long period of time.
- Able to lift 35 pounds
Preferred Education and Experience:
Previous kitchen experience preferred but not required.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so too may the essential functions of this position.
The Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC) is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any and all terms, conditions or privileges of employment including hiring, promotions, termination, training and compensation. The NOC does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic condition or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, where applicable. Furthermore, the NOC is committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment through respecting and valuing the diversity among employees and all those with whom the NOC does business.