work and play by the Nantahala River in the mountains of NC!
We operate on the Nantahala River just outside the Nantahala National Forest
- North Carolina
- $13.00 - $16.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Apr 01, 2024)
For 52 years NOC has led the outdoor industry, taking more guests whitewater rafting and teaching more paddlers than any other outdoor recreation company. NOC also provides top-quality aerial and trail-based adventures, wilderness medicine as well as unmatched retail service, foodservice, lodging, and trip planning services. NOC career opportunities offer a rare combination of work in beautiful locations, a chance to grow skills and to share a passion for active outdoor recreation.
THIS POSITION WILL START ON APRIL 1ST 2024
Cooks for Big Wesser Riverside Pub or Relia's Garden will be working in a fast-paced restaurant environment. This is a full-time - seasonal role in which you will be scheduled for 40hrs a week from April – the end of October. In some cases, cooks may be able to work at multiple restaurants, or cross-train to work in other NOC departments as well. All cook applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
THIS POSTING IS FOR THE 2024 SEASON
- Preparing menu items and specials in a fast-paced environment
- Ensuring that ingredients and food preparation are consistent with guest special needs and/or requests
- Upholding and arranging food on the line as well as back-ups
- Maintaining organization and cleanliness of the kitchen
- Maintaining food quality and consistency
- Supporting teammates and assisting other members of the Food and Beverage team as needed
- Upholding Big Wesser Riverside Pub and Relia's Garden standards, as well as NOC standards.
- safe food handling,
- health code standards
- restaurant cleanliness.
- Applicants must function as a team player.
- take direction and work independently.
- They must have a thorough understanding of the flow of restaurant operations.
- comfortable working on their feet for as long period of time.
- Able to lift 35 pounds
- Previous kitchen experience preferred but not required.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so too may the essential functions of this position.
Please note that as an employer with over 100 employees, NOC will be required to comply with any OSHA Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard should that standard be enacted.
The Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC) is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any and all terms, conditions or privileges of employment including hiring, promotions, termination, training and compensation. The NOC does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic condition or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, where applicable. Furthermore, the NOC is committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment through respecting and valuing the diversity among employees and all those with whom the NOC does business.